Series 3 Reverse Genetics: Scoring RNAi Worms
Today in lab you will examine your RNAi worms and their progeny.
- Examine worms with a known bli-1 mutation to see what knockdown looks like.
- Compare your RNAi worms to worms that have a known bli-1 mutation - how do they compare?
- Examine your control worms to review wild type phenotype in comparison to mutants
- Compare your RNAi worms to the control worms - are they the same phenotype? Different? What do the “control” worms tell you?
- Examine your RNAi’d wild type (N2) and then your RNAi’d rrf-3 worms. Do you see any differences between the two treated strains of worms?
Be sure to record all of your results in your lab notebook.
Take pictures of your control and RNAi worms to use in the results section of your next paper.
Remember to check the Assignment section of the wiki for instructions about the graded assignment due in the next lab and check the Weekly Calendar for other work to accomplish before the next lab.