Acidification of C and N Samples using Tartic Acid
From OpenWetWareJump to navigationJump to search
Back to Protocols
Grinder and 0.5mm sieve
- Prepare a 0.44 mol/l tartaric acid solution. Weigh out 66.7 g of tartaric acid pellets and add 1000 ml of deionized water in a volumetric flask. Mix until all pellets have been dissolved.
- Weigh out 100 g of sample to be tested. Thoroughly mix with 250 ml of tartaric solution in a plastic container.
- Let mixture sit for 4 hours.
- Place sample in dryer in reactor room at LEBRC and let dry for 24 hours at 70-75 ºC. Remove samples and allow cooling for 4 hours. Place samples in plastic bags.
- Grind samples in room 3251 of the NSRIC using 0.5 mm sieve. Make sure the arrows on the sieve and grinder point in the same direction. Place samples in 20 ml scintillation vials and submit to Agronomy Analytical Lab for analysis.