User:NYOUSHA Yousefi/Notebook/Protein Engineering/2012/09/18
< User:NYOUSHA Yousefi | Notebook | Protein Engineering | 2012 | 09
|Project name||<html><img src="/images/9/94/Report.png" border="0" /></html> Main project page|
Next entry<html><img src="/images/5/5c/Resultset_next.png" border="0" /></html>
Zinc acetate was added to protoporphyrin ix to place the metal in the middle of the protoporphyrin ix structure
- 10 ml of of DMF was added to a 50ml round bottom flask and was brought to boiling point on a heating mantle and under a condenser.
- After it started boiling, 0.1059g of protoporphyrin ix was added to the boiling DMF and it was allowed to completely dissolve for 20min while still boiling.
- After 20min, 0.0226g of zinc acetate was added to the solution and it was heated for 30min to allow the reaction take place.
- Then the flask was cooled in ice bath for 15min.
- 20ml of concentrated HCl was added to the solution and was placed in the ice bath for another 10min.
- The solution was filtered.
- No precipitate was formed on the filter paper.
- The solution was gathered again and was allowed to run under nitrogen gas pressure for 24 hours.
- The solution was filtered again and again no precipitate was formed on the filter paper.