User:NYOUSHA Yousefi/Notebook/Protein Engineering/2012/09/25
|Project name||Main project page|
Previous entry Next entry
Protoporphyrin IX and Zinc acetate, day 2
The Procedure performed on day 1 was repeated with slight changes
- 10 ml of of DMF was added to a 50ml round bottom flask and was brought to boiling point on a heating mantle and under a condenser.
- After it started boiling, 0.1006g of protoporphyrin ix was added to the boiling DMF and it was allowed to completely dissolve for 20min while still boiling.
- After 20min, 0.0230g of zinc acetate was added to the solution and it was heated for 30min to allow the reaction take place.
- Then the flask was cooled in ice bath for 15min.
- 100ml of cooled distilled water was added to the solution.
- A Filter paper was measured before filtration, it weighed 0.0706g.
- The solution was filtered with a different filter paper with much smaller filter pores.
- The precipitate and the filter paper were place on a plate and were raped by aluminum paper to keep it away from light.
- The filter paper and the precipitant were allowed to completely dry out to be ready for final mass measurements.