Difference between revisions of "OHSU Knight CI Genomic Instability Interest Group"
(→Events of DNA R3 Interest 2008-2009)
m (Hoatlin:OHSU Replication, Recombination and Repair (R3) Club moved to OHSU Knight CI Genomic Instability Interest Group)
Revision as of 09:22, 11 November 2008
Objectives of the OHSU DNA R3 Club
Cross-departmental workshop composed of students, postdocs, and faculty with shared interest in basic principles and emerging discoveries in genomic instability, DNA replication, recombination and repair. The goals of the meetings and this wiki:
- Establish a challenging and interactive cross-departmental focus group that will advance understanding of our individual projects and encourage collaborations.
- Provide students and postdocs with training and interactions with faculty interested in the R3 Topics
Want to join us? All are invited!
- All year. The third Tuesday of the month is the DNA repair videoconference for the DNA Repair Interest Group at NIH. NIH videoconference is held at 9:30 am in the CROET 2nd floor conference room (BSAC 2501M).
- All year. Campus-wide Seminars of R3 Club interest are posted below. Please post your event or email Maureen through OpenWetWare with any updates.
- Winter & Spring terms- Genomic Instability Club, First Tuesday of the month, 2:30 pm, MRB 634
- Spring Term, alternate years: the R3 clubs folds into the weekly Advanced Biochemistry Class.
Member Labs and Affiliations
Hoatlin Lab Biochemistry and Molecular Biology (BMB)
Thayer Lab BMB
Lloyd Lab Center for Research on Occupational and Environmental Toxicology (CROET)
Liskay Lab Molecular and Medical Genetics (MMG)
McCullough Lab CROET & MMG
Grompe Lab MMG
Turker Lab CROET
Kurre Lab Pediatrics
Events of DNA R3 Interest 2008-2009
- July 21, 2008. CROET, noon seminar. Paul Doetsch, Emory U. (Hosts: Amanda McCullough and Stephen Lloyd, CROET).
- August 12, 2008. Matt Thayer will give an update of the Salk Replication and Genome Integrity Meeting during the Hoatlin lab meeting in MRB 634 at 2:30pm.
- Sept 11, 2008. CROET, noon seminar. Dr. Ken Kraemer, NIH. Title: Xeroderma pigmentosum and trichothiodystrophy: Defective DNA Repair, Abnormal Development or Both? (Hosts: Amanda McCullough and Stephen Lloyd, CROET).
- September 29, 2008. CROET noon seminar BSAC 3524. Dr Glenn Wilson, U. South Alabama. "Targeting DNA Repair Fusion Proteins to Mitochondria to Enhance Islet Transplantation"
- (Host: Stephen Lloyd, CROET)
- Oct 1, 2008. 4:00 p.m. in Vollum M-1441. Mu-Shui Dai, Indiana University. A Dual Role for Ribosomal Proteins in Cell Cycle Control: Activation of p53 and Inhibition of c-Myc.
- Oct 7, 2008. Buffet lunch and special seminar by Prof. Ody C.M. Sibon from the Department of Cell Biology/Section Radiation and Stress Cell Biology at the University of Groningen, University Medical Center Groningen, The Netherlands. Lunch at 11:45 p.m. Mac Hall 2136, followed by Dr. Sibon’s talk, entitled “A Forward Genetic Screen in Drosophila Identified Unexpected Genes Involved in DNA Damage Responses,” (Host: Susan Hayflick, MMG)
- Oct 28, 2008, NIH Videoconference, CROET 2nd floor conference room (BSAC 2501M), 9:30 AM. Dr. Kyungjae Myung, NHGRI "Evolutionary conserved pathways suppress genomic instability" (Origin: NIH, Bethesda)
- Oct. 28, 2008. BMB Noon Seminar. Vollum 1441. Barbara Panning (Host: Matt Thayer BMB)
- Nov. 11, 2008. BMB Noon Seminar. Vollum 1441. Andrew Chess (Host: Matt Thayer BMB)
- Nov 18, 2008. NIH Videoconference, CROET 2nd floor conference room (BSAC 2501M), 9:30 AM. David Ferguson,University of Michigan. Roles of mammalian Mre11 in genomic stability and development (Origin: Univ of Michigan)
- Dec 16, 2008. NIH Videoconference, CROET 2nd floor conference room (BSAC 2501M), 9:30 AM. Tanya Paull. Univ of Texas. DNA end processing by Mre11/Rad50 complexes (Host: Smithville)
- Jan 20, 2009. NIH Videoconference, CROET 2nd floor conference room (BSAC 2501M), 9:30 AM. Dan Yarosh. AGI Dermatics. The Intercellular Communication of DNA Damage its Repair. (Host: Brookhaven)
- Feb 17, 2009. BMB Noon Seminar. Vollum 1441. Ari Melnick (Host: Maureen Hoatlin, BMB)
- Feb 17, 2009. NIH Videoconference, CROET 2nd floor conference room (BSAC 2501M), 9:30 AM. Marilyn Diaz . NIEHS - Rev3-mediated mutagenesis in mammalian cells (Origin: NIEHS)
- Mar 17, 2009. NIH Videoconference, CROET 2nd floor conference room (BSAC 2501M), 9:30 AM. Tom Misteli . NCI - Spatial genome organization in the formation of translocations and DNA repair (Origin: NIH, Bethesda)
- Mar. 31, 2009. BMB Noon Seminar. Vollum 1441. David Cortez. (Host: Maureen Hoatlin, BMB)
- TBA-reschedule. OCI Seminar. Allen Ebens Host : Maureen Hoatlin, BMB)
Fall Term 2008 Club Meetings
- now scheduling for Fall 2008, Winter 2009
Held in CROET room 3524 at noon unless otherwise noted.
- DNAGearheads, Our new Citeulike site for DNA related articles. Let's try it
- Connotea, Nature's version of Cite-U-Like
External Meetings of Interest
For updated list see DNA Repair Interest Group web site. Please let R3 Club know if you are going to any meeting of interest. Also, please consider giving a conference update when you get back. Email me through OpenWetWare to schedule.