The Mimulus Community
Become a member today.
- The 7x genome is now completely assembled. This will be the final assembly. Annotation is currently underway as of July 2008.
- Download the contact info for people who attended the 2007 Mimulus meeting in Durham, NC.
The Genus Mimulus
The genus Mimulus (historically "Scrophulariaceae," order Lamiales) has been a model plant system for ecological and evolutionary genetics for over 50 years (Vickery, 1951).
- Check out the poster of the phylogeny of the Mimulus genus.
- Read a recent review about Mimulus as an emerging model system for the integration of ecological and genomic studies.
- See descriptions of Mimulus Species
The Mimulus Genome
The Joint Genome Institute (JGI/DOE) completed 7X coverage of the Mimulus genome in Spring 2007. An assembly of the 7x genome was completed in Summer 2008. Members of the Mimulus Community are currently annotating the Genome. The Mimulus Genome can be accessed though the private intranet at Mimulus Evolution. This is currently a private site, but will be open to the public soon.
Duke University is now the home to the collection of seeds from over 425 populations of Mimulus. The seed collections are primarily composed of seeds from within the Mimulus guttatus complex. Most of these seeds can be made available for upon request. Please allow a few weeks for orders to be fulfilled. Contact David Lowry at firstname.lastname@example.org for seed requests. See the spreadsheet of collections before making requests.