Difference between revisions of "Jacobs:Publications"
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
Revision as of 10:21, 4 March 2011
- Kwon RY, Lew AJ, and Jacobs CR. A microstructurally informed model for the mechanical response of three-dimensional actin networks. Comput Methods Biomech Biomed Engin. 2008 Aug;11(4):407-18. DOI:10.1080/10255840801888686 |
- You L, Temiyasathit S, Lee P, Kim CH, Tummala P, Yao W, Kingery W, Malone AM, Kwon RY, and Jacobs CR. Osteocytes as mechanosensors in the inhibition of bone resorption due to mechanical loading. Bone. 2008 Jan;42(1):172-9. DOI:10.1016/j.bone.2007.09.047 |
- Sabsovich I, Clark JD, Liao G, Peltz G, Lindsey DP, Jacobs CR, Yao W, Guo TZ, and Kingery WS. Bone microstructure and its associated genetic variability in 12 inbred mouse strains: microCT study and in silico genome scan. Bone. 2008 Feb;42(2):439-51. DOI:10.1016/j.bone.2007.09.041 |
- Malone AM, Anderson CT, Tummala P, Kwon RY, Johnston TR, Stearns T, and Jacobs CR. Primary cilia mediate mechanosensing in bone cells by a calcium-independent mechanism. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007 Aug 14;104(33):13325-30. DOI:10.1073/pnas.0700636104 |
- Kwon RY and Jacobs CR. Time-dependent deformations in bone cells exposed to fluid flow in vitro: investigating the role of cellular deformation in fluid flow-induced signaling. J Biomech. 2007;40(14):3162-8. DOI:10.1016/j.jbiomech.2007.04.003 |
- Malone AM, Batra NN, Shivaram G, Kwon RY, You L, Kim CH, Rodriguez J, Jair K, and Jacobs CR. The role of actin cytoskeleton in oscillatory fluid flow-induced signaling in MC3T3-E1 osteoblasts. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2007 May;292(5):C1830-6. DOI:10.1152/ajpcell.00352.2005 |
- Godin LM, Suzuki S, Jacobs CR, Donahue HJ, and Donahue SW. Mechanically induced intracellular calcium waves in osteoblasts demonstrate calcium fingerprints in bone cell mechanotransduction. Biomech Model Mechanobiol. 2007 Nov;6(6):391-8. DOI:10.1007/s10237-006-0059-5 |
- Kim CH, You L, Yellowley CE, and Jacobs CR. Oscillatory fluid flow-induced shear stress decreases osteoclastogenesis through RANKL and OPG signaling. Bone. 2006 Nov;39(5):1043-1047. DOI:10.1016/j.bone.2006.05.017 |
- Rubin J, Rubin C, and Jacobs CR. Molecular pathways mediating mechanical signaling in bone. Gene. 2006 Feb 15;367:1-16. DOI:10.1016/j.gene.2005.10.028 |
- Batra NN, Li YJ, Yellowley CE, You L, Malone AM, Kim CH, and Jacobs CR. Effects of short-term recovery periods on fluid-induced signaling in osteoblastic cells. J Biomech. 2005 Sep;38(9):1909-17. DOI:10.1016/j.jbiomech.2004.08.009 |
- Li YJ, Batra NN, You L, Meier SC, Coe IA, Yellowley CE, and Jacobs CR. Oscillatory fluid flow affects human marrow stromal cell proliferation and differentiation. J Orthop Res. 2004 Nov;22(6):1283-9. DOI:10.1016/j.orthres.2004.04.002 |
- Haut Donahue TL, Genetos DC, Jacobs CR, Donahue HJ, and Yellowley CE. Annexin V disruption impairs mechanically induced calcium signaling in osteoblastic cells. Bone. 2004 Sep;35(3):656-63. DOI:10.1016/j.bone.2004.04.025 |
- Edlich M, Yellowley CE, Jacobs CR, and Donahue HJ. Cycle number and waveform of fluid flow affect bovine articular chondrocytes. Biorheology. 2004;41(3-4):315-22.
- Haut Donahue TL, Hull ML, Rashid MM, and Jacobs CR. The sensitivity of tibiofemoral contact pressure to the size and shape of the lateral and medial menisci. J Orthop Res. 2004 Jul;22(4):807-14. DOI:10.1016/j.orthres.2003.12.010 |
- Alford AI, Yellowley CE, Jacobs CR, and Donahue HJ. Increases in cytosolic calcium, but not fluid flow, affect aggrecan mRNA levels in articular chondrocytes. J Cell Biochem. 2003 Dec 1;90(5):938-44. DOI:10.1002/jcb.10715 |
- Reilly GC, Haut TR, Yellowley CE, Donahue HJ, and Jacobs CR. Fluid flow induced PGE2 release by bone cells is reduced by glycocalyx degradation whereas calcium signals are not. Biorheology. 2003;40(6):591-603.
- Alford AI, Jacobs CR, and Donahue HJ. Oscillating fluid flow regulates gap junction communication in osteocytic MLO-Y4 cells by an ERK1/2 MAP kinase-dependent mechanism. Bone. 2003 Jul;33(1):64-70.
- Donahue TL, Haut TR, Yellowley CE, Donahue HJ, and Jacobs CR. Mechanosensitivity of bone cells to oscillating fluid flow induced shear stress may be modulated by chemotransport. J Biomech. 2003 Sep;36(9):1363-71.
- Saunders MM, You J, Zhou Z, Li Z, Yellowley CE, Kunze EL, Jacobs CR, and Donahue HJ. Fluid flow-induced prostaglandin E2 response of osteoblastic ROS 17/2.8 cells is gap junction-mediated and independent of cytosolic calcium. Bone. 2003 Apr;32(4):350-6.
- Donahue SW, Donahue HJ, and Jacobs CR. Osteoblastic cells have refractory periods for fluid-flow-induced intracellular calcium oscillations for short bouts of flow and display multiple low-magnitude oscillations during long-term flow. J Biomech. 2003 Jan;36(1):35-43.
- Haut Donahue TL, Hull ML, Rashid MM, and Jacobs CR. How the stiffness of meniscal attachments and meniscal material properties affect tibio-femoral contact pressure computed using a validated finite element model of the human knee joint. J Biomech. 2003 Jan;36(1):19-34.
- You J, Jacobs CR, Steinberg TH, and Donahue HJ. P2Y purinoceptors are responsible for oscillatory fluid flow-induced intracellular calcium mobilization in osteoblastic cells. J Biol Chem. 2002 Dec 13;277(50):48724-9. DOI:10.1074/jbc.M209245200 |
- Donahue TL, Hull ML, Rashid MM, and Jacobs CR. A finite element model of the human knee joint for the study of tibio-femoral contact. J Biomech Eng. 2002 Jun;124(3):273-80.
- Saunders MM, You J, Trosko JE, Yamasaki H, Li Z, Donahue HJ, and Jacobs CR. Gap junctions and fluid flow response in MC3T3-E1 cells. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2001 Dec;281(6):C1917-25. DOI:10.1152/ajpcell.2001.281.6.C1917 |
- Donahue SW, Jacobs CR, and Donahue HJ. Flow-induced calcium oscillations in rat osteoblasts are age, loading frequency, and shear stress dependent. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2001 Nov;281(5):C1635-41. DOI:10.1152/ajpcell.2001.281.5.C1635 |
- Edlich M, Yellowley CE, Jacobs CR, and Donahue HJ. Oscillating fluid flow regulates cytosolic calcium concentration in bovine articular chondrocytes. J Biomech. 2001 Jan;34(1):59-65.
- You J, Reilly GC, Zhen X, Yellowley CE, Chen Q, Donahue HJ, and Jacobs CR. Osteopontin gene regulation by oscillatory fluid flow via intracellular calcium mobilization and activation of mitogen-activated protein kinase in MC3T3-E1 osteoblasts. J Biol Chem. 2001 Apr 20;276(16):13365-71. DOI:10.1074/jbc.M009846200 |
- Jacobs CR, Yellowley CE, Nelson DV, and Donahue HJ. Analysis of Time-Varying Biological Data Using Rainflow Cycle Counting. Comput Methods Biomech Biomed Engin. 2000;3(1):31-40. DOI:10.1080/10255840008915252 |
- Kurokouchi K, Jacobs CR, and Donahue HJ. Oscillating fluid flow inhibits TNF-alpha -induced NF-kappa B activation via an Ikappa B kinase pathway in osteoblast-like UMR106 cells. J Biol Chem. 2001 Apr 20;276(16):13499-504. DOI:10.1074/jbc.M003795200 |
- Black KP, Saunders MM, Stube KC, Moulton MJ, and Jacobs CR. Effects of interference fit screw length on tibial tunnel fixation for anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction. Am J Sports Med. 2000 Nov-Dec;28(6):846-9. DOI:10.1177/03635465000280061201 |
- You J, Yellowley CE, Donahue HJ, Zhang Y, Chen Q, and Jacobs CR. Substrate deformation levels associated with routine physical activity are less stimulatory to bone cells relative to loading-induced oscillatory fluid flow. J Biomech Eng. 2000 Aug;122(4):387-93.
- Lesh ML, Schneider DJ, Deol G, Davis B, Jacobs CR, and Pellegrini VD Jr. The consequences of anterior femoral notching in total knee arthroplasty. A biomechanical study. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2000 Aug;82-A(8):1096-101.
- Eckstein F, Merz B, and Jacobs CR. Effects of joint incongruity on articular pressure distribution and subchondral bone remodeling. Adv Anat Embryol Cell Biol. 2000;152:iii-ix, 1-127.
- Jacobs CR. The mechanobiology of cancellous bone structural adaptation. J Rehabil Res Dev. 2000 Mar-Apr;37(2):209-16.
- Malecki EA, Buhl KM, Beard JL, Jacobs CR, Connor JR, and Donahue HJ. Bone structural and mechanical properties are affected by hypotransferrinemia but not by iron deficiency in mice. J Bone Miner Res. 2000 Feb;15(2):271-7. DOI:10.1359/jbmr.2000.15.2.271 |
- Yellowley CE, Li Z, Zhou Z, Jacobs CR, and Donahue HJ. Functional gap junctions between osteocytic and osteoblastic cells. J Bone Miner Res. 2000 Feb;15(2):209-17. DOI:10.1359/jbmr.2000.15.2.209 |
- Jacobs CR, Davis BR, Rieger CJ, Francis JJ, Saad M, and Fyhrie DP. NACOB presentation to ASB Young Scientist Award: Postdoctoral. The impact of boundary conditions and mesh size on the accuracy of cancellous bone tissue modulus determination using large-scale finite-element modeling. North American Congress on Biomechanics. J Biomech. 1999 Nov;32(11):1159-64.
- Yellowley CE, Jacobs CR, and Donahue HJ. Mechanisms contributing to fluid-flow-induced Ca2+ mobilization in articular chondrocytes. J Cell Physiol. 1999 Sep;180(3):402-8. DOI:10.1002/(SICI)1097-4652(199909)180:3<402::AID-JCP11>3.0.CO;2-4 |
- Segal LS, Schneider DJ, Berlin JM, Bruno A, Davis BR, and Jacobs CR. The contribution of the ossific nucleus to the structural stiffness of the capital femoral epiphysis: a porcine model for DDH. J Pediatr Orthop. 1999 Jul-Aug;19(4):433-7.
- Black KP, Schneider DJ, Yu JR, and Jacobs CR. Biomechanics of the Bankart repair: the relationship between glenohumeral translation and labral fixation site. Am J Sports Med. 1999 May-Jun;27(3):339-44. DOI:10.1177/03635465990270031201 |
- Barr JD, Hoffman EJ, Davis BR, Edgar KA, and Jacobs CR. Microcatheter adhesion of cyanoacrylates: comparison of normal butyl cyanoacrylate to 2-hexyl cyanoacrylate. J Vasc Interv Radiol. 1999 Feb;10(2 Pt 1):165-8.
- Jacobs CR, Yellowley CE, Davis BR, Zhou Z, Cimbala JM, and Donahue HJ. Differential effect of steady versus oscillating flow on bone cells. J Biomech. 1998 Nov;31(11):969-76.
- Yellowley CE, Jacobs CR, Li Z, Zhou Z, and Donahue HJ. Effects of fluid flow on intracellular calcium in bovine articular chondrocytes. Am J Physiol. 1997 Jul;273(1 Pt 1):C30-6. DOI:10.1152/ajpcell.1997.273.1.C30 |
- Jacobs CR, Simo JC, Beaupré GS, and Carter DR. Adaptive bone remodeling incorporating simultaneous density and anisotropy considerations. J Biomech. 1997 Jun;30(6):603-13.
- Jacobs CR, Levenston ME, Beaupré GS, Simo JC, and Carter DR. Numerical instabilities in bone remodeling simulations: the advantages of a node-based finite element approach. J Biomech. 1995 Apr;28(4):449-59.
- Gurtler RA, Jacobs RR, and Jacobs CR. Biomechanical evaluation of the Ender's pins, the Harris nail, and the dynamic hip screw for the unstable intertrochanteric fracture. Clin Orthop Relat Res. 1986 May(206):109-12.