Difference between revisions of "AhmadWeek5"
(trouble with reactome)
|Line 21:||Line 21:|
Revision as of 20:30, 14 February 2013
Saccharomyces Genome Database
- Which of these genes has a homolog (similar gene related by descent) in humans? What disease does a deficiency of this gene cause in humans?
- GDH2; the homologs are GLUD1 and GLUD2. "Deficiencies in the human homologs of glutamate dehydrogenase, GLUD1 and GLUD2, have been linked to hyperinsulinism-hyperammonemia syndrome and various neurological disorders." GDH2
- How is the expression of each of these genes regulated?
- GDH1- Expression is "regulated by nitrogen and carbon sources" GDH1
- GDH3- Expression is "regulated by nitrogen and carbon sources" GDH3
- GDH2- Expression is "sensitive to nitrogen catabolite repression and intracellular ammonia levels" GDH2
- GLN1- Expression is "regulated by nitrogen source and by amino acid limitation" GLN1
- GLT1- Expression is "regulated by nitrogen source" GLT1
- "L-glutamate". How many pathways does it participate in?
- It is in reactions as a reactant 26 times. It is in reactions as a product 29 times. L-glutamate
- Kegg shows both the full amino acid sequence and full nucleotide sequence when you click on the enzyme name. SGD did not show this.
I am unable to load the Reactome website. I can use the links at the top, but the search is not working either. Not sure what to do...
- Class Journal Week 1
- Journal Assignment Week 2
- Class Journal Week 2
- Journal Assignment Week 3
- Class Journal Week 3
- Journal Assignment Week 4
- Class Journal Week 4
- Journal Assignment Week 5
- Class Journal Week 5
- Journal Assignment Week 6
- Class Journal Week 6
- Journal Assignment Week 8
- Class Journal Week 8
- Journal Assignment Week 9
- Class Journal Week 9
- Journal Assignment Week 11
- Class Journal Week 11
- Journal Assignment Week 12
- Class Journal Week 12
- Journal Assignment Week 13
- Class Journal Week 13
- Assignment Week 13
- Journal Assignment Week 14
- Class Journal Week 14
- Assignment Week 14