840:153g:Projects/project24/2012/10/25

From OpenWetWare
Jump to: navigation, search
Owwnotebook icon.png Project Name Report.pngMain project page
Resultset previous.pngPrevious entry      Next entryResultset next.png

Agarose gel electrophorosis for extraced DNA sample

On Tuesday, we completed DNA extraction process. We also ran 0.8% Agarose gel to quantify the DNA that we extracted. We ran 12 samples ( 6 undigested and 6 EcoRI digested) on the gel. Due to some technical problem we couldn't see the bands under UV the same day. So, we rapped our gel into a air tight plastic bag and stored it at 4 degree C. On Wednesday, morning we saw the gel under UV. Out of 12 6 samples gave good bands.DNA 3 undigested didn't showed any bands however, its digested sample showed good bands. So, we decided to run Sample 3 into the gel one more time in our next lab. Also, we decided to mix sample DNA 1 and DNA 5 because they both gave similar intensities.

On Thursday,we had to attend a workshop so we didn't do any lab.