- Measure silver conductivity in solution with 50mL of pure water and clay+polymer film without the presence of silver
- Laponite Clay mixed in polymer made on 03/06/13 were taken out of mold.
- With scissors, three round shaped film were cut, with each weighing 0.5g, 0.5g, and 0.49g, respectively.
- In three 200mL polypropylene beakers, 50mL of pure water was poured in each beaker. One of each cut-out film was placed in each beaker.
- In another 200mL polypropylene beaker, 50mL of pure water was poured in. This functions as a negative control.
- In all four beakers, 1mL of 5M KNO3 was placed in each beaker as ionic silver adjustor.
- The conductivity of solution was taken for every 30 minutes for 2hours. One more measurement will be taken the next day after 24 hours.
- 10 weight percent silver to clay and polymer film was made. See Melissa's Notebook for detailed procedure regarding the making of film.
- Table below lists the measured silver conductivity in negative control, and the three beakers that include clay+polymer film.