I am a second year graduate student in the Biological and Biomedical Sciences (BBS) PhD program at Harvard University working in the laboratory of Pamela Silver.
- Jernej Turnšek | Ph.D. Student
- Harvard Medical School | Department of Systems Biology | 200 Longwood Avenue | Boston, MA 02115
- Phone: 617-797-5386 | Fax: 617-432-5012 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Email me through OpenWetWare
To understand the biological and chemical principles of biomineral formation. || To use engineered cells for sustainable production of materials.
- Biomineralization | Biomaterials
- Enzymology | Protein Engineering
- Marine Microbiota | Marine Natural Products
- Phase Transitions in Cell Biology
- Astrobiology | Space Exploration | Origins of Life
- Conrado RJ, Wu GC, Boock JT, Xu H, Chen SY, Lebar T, Turnšek J, Tomšič N, Avbelj M, Gaber R, Koprivnjak T, Mori J, Glavnik V, Vovk I, Benčina M, Hodnik V, Anderluh G, Dueber JE, Jerala R, and DeLisa MP. . pmid:22021385.
- Ginkgo BioWorks, Inc., Boston, MA (10/2012 - 06/2013) | Ginkgo BioWorks
- Jerala Lab at the National Institute of Chemistry, Ljubljana, Slovenia (05/2010 - 07/2012) | Jerala Lab
Selected Awards & Accomplishments
- Grand Prize, World Champion, iGEM 2010 | Learn more about iGEM Slovenia 2010
- Gold medal, BIOMOD 2011 | Learn more about BIOMOD Slovenia 2011
- University of Ljubljana, Biotechnical Faculty, Diploma in Biotechnology, 06/2012
- Diploma thesis entitled: "Synthetic biology approach towards improvement of carotenoid biosynthetic pathway using zinc fingers"