- Retreive electrophoresis samples prepared and refrigerated las week
- Preparations : 50 μL of 1g/L Lysozyme stock solution and dilute to 5 mL with 50 mM Glycine stock solution in volumetric flask.
- Take 10 μL of diluted solution (Lysozyme stock and glycine solution) and 10 μL of running buffer (prepared by Dr. Fox) and add to 1.5 mL centrifuge tube, vortex for 5-10 seconds.
- 50 μL of 30:1 [Au]:[Lysozyme] colloid solution, dilute + take 10μL of diluted solution and 10μL of running buffer solution and add to 1.5 mL centrifuge tube + vortex for 5-10 seconds
- 50 μL of 30:1 [Au]:[BSA] colloid solution, dilute + take 10 μL of diluted solution and 10 μL running buffer and add to centrifuge tube. + vortex for 5-10 seconds
- 50 μL of 1g/L BSA stock solution (prepared by Dr. Fox), dilute + take 10 μL of diluted solution + 10 μL of running buffer + add to 1.5 mL centrifuge tube + vortex for 5-10 seconds
- Load 15 μL of samples (stated above, after 1 week refrigerated storage)
- Well 3: Lysozyme
- Well 5: BSA Colloid
- Well 7: Lysozyme Colloid
- Well 9: Soy
- Well 11: All Blue Protein Standard (provided by Bio-Rad)
- Run Electrophoresis for 30 minutes at 200 V
- Staining Gel process (repeated twice) -> Place gel in Fixative Solution (40% methanol, 10% acetic acid, 50% water) during 30 minutes + Place gel in Stain Solution duringr 1 hour + Place gel in Destain Solution during 15 minutes
- had to leave early because indisposed Alicia's or Khyra's notebook for further detail