User:Anthony Salvagno/Notebook/Research/2009/10/13/Talk 1.4
I called it 1.4 because there was an addition that I did not upload, mostly cause it was crap. It is much better now and I will add some finishing touches tomorrow. On Thurs I hope to upload an audio version of the talk with the talk to Slideshare and I want all to critique. Anyways here is the talk:
- Steve Koch 00:18, 14 October 2009 (EDT): Just a few comments; more detailed comments during practice talk, obviously (we should pick a location for your practice talk. I have an important meeting on campus at 4:30 unfortunately.)
- Slide 10: Change to say, "Mutations can affect many aspects of gene expression?"
- Slide 21: figure not showing
- Slide 30: I approve, but you're going to require some smoove skills to pull it off on 1/2 the audience.
- I think bonus slides are appropriate...hope you get lucky like Larry and get to wield one!
Andy Maloney 11:21, 14 October 2009 (EDT):
- I do like your table of contents slide.
- I'm not sure about the third slide. What is important about it? It just seems out of place.
- Slides 8-10 don't seem to be in a logical order but I'm not sure without commentary.
- You need to really make sure you have the tweezers down pat. People are going to ask you questions about this.
- The physics people will probably glaze over the molecular biology stuff.
Overall you have a good start. I can't really say much because there is no commentary with the slides. I am looking forward to your practice talk. One thing stylistically, why do you have questions on your slides as bullet points? I'm not sure that is standard proceedure.