- For each sample
- 1 tube of electrocompetent cells (keep covered in ice at all time)
- 1 electroporation cuvette (keep on ice)
- 1 1.5-ml microfuge tube
- 1 mL SOC
- 1 LB plate with appropriate antibiotics
- Gene Pulser setup
- 2000 V voltage
- 25 uF capacitance
- 200 ohms resistance
- 1 mm cuvette
- If transforming non-purified, non-concentrated ligation product, use 0.5-1.0 ul per sample.
- Time constant should be at least 4.5, generally between 4.7 and 5.0.
- If sample sparks or has a low time constant, lowering the volume of ligation product is generally more useful than increasing the volume.