Pecinka Lab:Björn Pietzenuk
Björn Pietzenuk is a PhD student in the Lab of Ales Pecinka since November 2011. There, his research is focused on the epigenetic regulation of transposable elements in Arabidopsis species.
- B. Pietzenuk
- Department of Plant Breeding and Genetics
- Max-Planck-Institute for Plant Breeding Research
- 50829 Cologne; Germany
- Email me through OpenWetWare
I work in the Group for Genetic and Epigenetic maintenance at Max Planck Institute for Plant Breeding Research under the supervision of Ales Pecinka. My research is focused on the genetic and epigenetic maintenance of transposable elements in Arabidopsis species under natural and stress conditions. I am very interested in genome and epigenome evolution in plant species.
- currently, PhD, Max-Planck-Institute for Plant Breeding Research Advisor: Ales Pecinka
- 2011, Diploma in Biology, Institute of Botany Heinrich Heine University Düsseldorf; Advisor: Prof. Dr. Margarete Baier
Research topics and interests
- Diplomathesis: Natural variation and its constraints: Comparison of chloroplast ascorbate peroxidases in higher plants
Björn is deeply interested in molecular evolution and natural variation of photoautotroph organisms. His interest includes research about genetics, genomics, epigenetics and transcriptomics.
- Jusczack I, Rudnik R, Pietzenuk B, Baier M Natural genetic variation in the expression regulation of the chloroplast antioxidant system among Arabidopsis thaliana accessions. Physiologica Plantarum doi: 10.1111/j.1399-3054.2012.01602.x (2012).