- Make an aggregating molecule with single strand appendages.
- Introduce reversible binding between aggregator and target molecule..
Project Steps [planned]:
- Instead of directly making an aggregator molecule of a big size [greater than 0.2 microns] make a smaller aggregator molecule.
- Test whether we can actually make a molecule which has single strand appendages on it.
- Take an image to confirm structure.
- Make a larger aggregator molecule.
- Introduce reversible binding.
Project steps accomplished:
- We made the Cadnano design of the large aggregator molecule
- We made the Cadnano design of a small aggregator molecule
- We made the small aggregator molecule
- Due to technical difficulties in equipment, we could not obtain AFM or TEM images
- We proposed a different method to test whether the structure was actually made or not by the following 2 methods:
- Measuring absorbance at 260nm before the annealing reaction and after the reaction, and comparing them.
- Running a gel to locate our structure near the bands of expected molecular weight markers.