Return to WinterVomitingLab
Preparation of a 10-20% suspension of virus stock from a stool (or vomit) sample.
- sample containing virus
- RNase Inhibitor (optional)
- Collect samples in thin-walled PCR tubes, strips or plates for more efficient heat exchange.
- Place samples in thermal block or water bath set to 99°C for at least 5 min.
- Immediately transfer tubes to ice. Note: RNase Inhibitor can be added at this step if desired but is generally not required.
- Centrifuge briefly to pellet any debris or magnetic beads (if used).
- Return to ice and collect the viral RNA in the supernatant.
- RNA should be stored at -70°C and multiple freeze/thaws should be avoided.
Relevant papers and books
- Who has experience with this protocol?
or instead, discuss this protocol.