VTK is an open source, freely available software system for 3D graphics, image processing, and visualization. It supports hundreds of algorithms in visualization and image processing with object-oriented design with different interpreted language wrappers.
- The core of VTK is written entirely in C++
- Contains 600 existing classes with 325K lines of code
- VTK will compile and run on Windows 98/NT, SGI, Linux, Sun, HP, etc.
- Supports OpenGL
- Different interfaces for fast prototyping: Tcl , Java, and Python
- Has users all over the world – The beauty of Open Source!