- determine concentration of gold particles
- find equal amount of reactant free gold particles
- ran uv vis on our gold nanoparticles from alpha and beta to determine the concentration of our nanoparticles
- they were determined to be around 10^12.
- we are making the gamma method protein nanoparticles
- doing 10^-8 M protein concentration
- adding 9.9mls and 100ul of protein
- stir for 30 minutes at room temperature
- spin for 30 minutes at 6500g
The gold nanoparticle concentration that we were using in alpha and beta method were 10^12...The reactant free nps that we are using are 10^11, but we have diluted them tenfold to 10^10.
- I think that we should have lesser activity in the gamma method as there is less gold nanoparticles per ml