User:Young Shik Shin
I am a new member of OpenWetWare!
- Young Shik Shin
- California Institute of Technology
- 1200 E California Blvd
- MC 127-72
- Pasadena, CA 91125
- E-Mail: ysshin at caltech dot edu
I work in the Heath Lab at California Institute of Technology.
- Ph.D. Candidate of Bioengineering, California Institute of Technology, CA, USA (Aug. 2004 - Present)
- M.S. Bioengineering, California Institute of Technology, CA, USA (June. 2006)
- M.S. School of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, Seoul National University, Seoul, Korea (Feb. 2004)
Thesis Advisor: Prof. Dong-Chul Han and Prof. Jun Keun Chang Thesis Topic: Electromanipulation of Mammalian Cells within Microchip
- B.S. School of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, Seoul National University,Seoul, Korea (Feb. 2002)
Honor Graduate (Cum laude)
- Probing signaling network from secreted proteins profiling at single cell/small cell colony level
- Tumor microenvironment: single cell/small cell colony based cell-to-cell interaction
- Synthesis and characterization of nanowire arrays and their applications for biosensing
- Goldbeter A and Koshland DE Jr. An amplified sensitivity arising from covalent modification in biological systems. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1981 Nov;78(11):6840-4.
- JACOB F and MONOD J. Genetic regulatory mechanisms in the synthesis of proteins. J Mol Biol. 1961 Jun;3:318-56.
leave a comment about a paper here
- Mark Ptashne. A genetic switch. Cold Spring Harbor, N.Y.: Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory Press, 2004. ISBN:0879697164