Ph.D., Associate Professor
- Department of Chemical Engineering, Tsinghua University, Beijing 100084,CHINA
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Education and Work Experience
Associate Professor @ Department of Chemical Engineering, Tsinghua University
Senior Research Scientist @ ALZA Corp., a Johnson & Johnson Company
Research Scientist@ Kimberly-Clark Corp.
Ph.D. in Chemical Engineering, Purdue University
M.S. in Polymer Materials, Tsinghua University
B.S. in Polymer Materials and Chemical Engineering, Tsinghua University
- Editorial Board member of Journal of Applied Polymer Science  (2013-present)
53. Xing Zhang, Xiaotong Yang, Anyi Wang, Yunxia Wang, Qinyu Wang, Rui Hu, Gulinigaer Anwaier, Rong Qi*, and Yanbin Huang*, HPMC improves protective effects of naringenin and isonicotinamide co-crystals against abdominal aortic aneurysm, Cardiovascular Drugs and Therapy (in press) 
52. Yuling Sun*, Jie Liu, Zhibo Li, Jianjun Wang*, and Yanbin Huang*, Nonionic and water-soluble poly(D/L-serine) as a promising biomedical polymer for cryopreservation, ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces, 2021, 13, 18454-18461.
51. Lu Chen and Yanbin Huang*, The guest polymer effect on the dissolution of drug-polymer crystalline inclusion complexes, RSC Advances, 2021, 11, 13091-13096. 
50. Jiaxuan Jiang, Anyi Wang, Xing Zhang, Yunxia Wang, Qinyu Wang, Mo Zhai, Yanbin Huang, and Rong Qi*, The isonicotinamide cocrystal promotes inhibitory effects of naringenin on nonalcoholic fatty liver disease in mice, Journal of Drug Delivery Science and Technology, 2020, 59, 101874. 
49. Jiaxing Wang, Yanbin Huang*, and Wantai Yang, Photo-grafting poly(acrylic acid) onto poly(lactic acid) chains in solution, Chinese Journal of Polymer Science, 2020, 38(2), 137-142. 
48. Jiaxing Wang, Yong Tao*, Jing Feng, Yidong Niu, Jichao Liu, and Yanbin Huang*, In vitro and in vivo evaluation of benzathine foscarnet microcrystals as a potential intravitreal drug depot, RSC Advances, 2019, 9, 21318–21322.
47. Zhi Zhong, Xiaotong Yang, Bi-Heng Wang, Ye-Feng Yao, Baohua Guo, Lian Yu*, Yanbin Huang*, and Jun Xu*, Solvent-polymer guest exchange in Carbamazepine inclusion complex: structure, kinetics and implication for guest selection, CrystEngComm, 2019, 21, 2164-2173. 
46. Xiangxue Lyu, Qiufen Zhang, Dehai Liang*, and Yanbin Huang*, Interaction between human serum albumin and cholesterol-grafted polyglutamate as the potential carriers of protein drugs, Acta Pharmaceutica Sinica B, 2019, 9(1), 186-193. 
45. Xiaotong Yang, Beihang Yu, Zhi Zhong, Bao-hua Guo, and Yanbin Huang*, Nevirapine-Polycaprolactone crystalline inclusion complex as a potential long-acting injectable solid form, International Journal of Pharmaceutics, 2018, 543, 121-129.
44. Xiaotong Yang, Zhi Zhong, Jun Xu, and Yanbin Huang*, Drug-polymer crystalline inclusion complex as a new pharmaceutical solid form, Chinese Chemical Letters, 2017, 28(11), 2099-2104.
43. Yuling Sun, Yong Tao*, Qingchen Cao, and Yanbin Huang*, Foscarnet calcium microcrystal as the intravitreal drug depot, Chemical Communications, 2017, 53, 5139-5142.
42. Zhi Zhong, Xiaotong Yang, Xiaobin Fu, Yefeng Yao, Baohua Guo, Yanbin Huang*, and Jun Xu*, Crystalline inclusion complexes formed between the drug diflunisal and block copolymers, Chinese Chemical Letters, 2017, 28(6), 1268-1275.
41. Yuling Sun, Xiangxue Lyu, Zhibo Li, and Yanbin Huang*, Guanidinium functionalized polypeptide nanogels as the phosphate binder, Polymer, 2017, 112, 325-332.
40. Zhi Zhong, Xiaotong Yang, Baohua Guo, Jun Xu*, and Yanbin Huang*, Dissolution behavior of the crystalline inclusion complex formed by the drug Diflunisal and Poly(ε-caprolactone), Crystal Growth & Design, 2017, 17(1), 355-362.
39. Xiaotong Yang, Zhi Zhong, and Yanbin Huang*, The effect of PEG molecular weights on the thermal stability and dissolution behaviors of Griseofulvin-PEG crystalline inclusion complexes, International Journal of Pharmaceutics, 2016, 508, 51-60.
38. Yuling Sun and Yanbin Huang*, Disulfide-crosslinked albumin hydrogels, Journal of Materials Chemistry B, 2016, 4, 2768-2775.
37. Zhi Zhong, Canxiong Guo, Xiaotong Yang, Baohua Guo, Jun Xu*, and Yanbin Huang*, Drug molecule Diflunisal forms crystalline inclusion complexes with multiple types of linear polymers, Crystal Growth & Design, 2016, 16, 1181-1186.
36. Matthias M. Knopp, Niels E. Olesen,Yanbin Huang, René Holm*, Thomas Rades, Statistical analysis of a method to predict drug-polymer miscibility, Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, 2016, 105, 362-367.
35. Jingjing Lai and Yanbin Huang*, Fibril aggregates of the poly(glutamic acid)-drug conjugate, RSC Advances, 2015, 5, 48856-48860.
34. Jingjing Lai, Huaiyu Yan, Yan Liu, and Yanbin Huang*, Effects of PEG molecular weight on its interaction with albumin, Chinese Journal of Polymer Science, 2015, 33, 1373-1379.
33. Xuchen Huang and Yanbin Huang*, Solubilization of organic compounds by arginine-derived polymers, Chinese Chemical Letters, 2015, 26, 636-640.
32. Xiaotong Yang, Boyuan Shen, Yanbin Huang*, Mechanistic study of HPMC-prolonged supersaturation of hydrocortisone, Crystal Growth & Design, 2015, 15, 546-551.
31. Jing Chang, Yong Tao, Bin Wang, Bao-hua Guo, Hong Xu, Yan-rong Jiang*, and Yanbin Huang*, An in situ-forming zwitterionic hydrogel as vitreous substitute, Journal of Materials Chemistry B, 2015, 3, 1097-1105.
30. Xiaoshan Yan, Xiaotong Yang, Xinming Tong*, and Yanbin Huang*, A method to accelerate the gelation of disulfide-crosslinked hydrogels, Chinese Journal of Polymer Science, 2015, 33, 118-127.
29. Shufang Zhao, Wentan Wang, Yanbin Huang*, Yuhang Fu and Yi Cheng*, Paclitaxel loaded human serum albumin nanoparticles stabilized with intermolecular disulfide bonds, MedChemComm, 2014, 5, 1658-1663.
28. Jing Chang, Yong Tao, Bin Wang, Xiaotong Yang, Hong Xu, Yan-rong Jiang*, Bao-hua Guo*, and Yanbin Huang*, Evaluation of a redox-initiated in situ hydrogel as vitreous substitute, Polymer, 2014, 55, 4627-4633..
27. Jingjing Lai, Wenxin Fu, Lin Zhu, Ruohai Guo, Dehai Liang*, Zhibo Li*, and Yanbin Huang*, Fibril aggregates formed by a Glatiramer-mimicking random copolymer of amino acids, Langmuir, 2014, 30, 7221-7226. 
26. Zhi Zhong, Canxiong Guo, Long Chen, Jun Xu*, and Yanbin Huang*, Co-crystal formation between poly (ethylene glycol) and small molecular drug griseofulvin, Chemical Communications, 2014, 50, 6375-6378. 
25. Qiao Song, Zhi Luo, Xinming Tong*, Yi Du, and Yanbin Huang, Glutathione as the end capper for cyclodextrin/PEG polyrotaxanes, Chinese Journal of Polymer Science, 2014, 32, 1003-1009.
24. Yanbin Huang* and Wei-Guo Dai*, Fundamental aspects of the solid dispersion technology for poorly soluble drugs, Acta Pharmaceutica Sinica B, 2014, 4(1), 18-25. 
23. Jingjing Lai, Cui Zheng, Dehai Liang*, and Yanbin Huang*, Amyloid-like fibrils formed by ε-poly-L-lysine, Biomacromolecules, 2013, 14, 4515-4519. 
22. Wentan Wang, Yanbin Huang*, Shufang Zhao, Ting Shao, and Yi Cheng*, Human serum albumin (HSA) nanoparticles stabilized with intermolecular disulfide bonds, Chemical Communications, 2013, 49, 2234-2236. .
21. Yong Tao, Xinming Tong, Yan Zhang, Jingjing Lai, Yanbin Huang, Yan-rong Jiang*, and Bao-hua Guo*, Evaluation of an in-situ chemically crosslinked hydrogel as a long-term vitreous substitute material, Acta Biomaterialia, 2013, 9, 5022-5030.
20. Dazhi Yang and Yanbin Huang*, A synthetic method to incorporate functional groups at specific locations along the polymer chain, Polymer Materials Science & Engineering (China), 2013, 29(2), 35-37.
19. Zhi Zhong, Dexi Lin, and Yanbin Huang*, A thermal analysis method to determine the equilibrium solubility of small molecules in the polymer matrix, Plastics (China), 2012, 41(6), 115-118.
18. Yi He, Yanbin Huang*, Wentan Wang, and Yi Cheng*, Integrating micromixer precipitation and electrospray drying toward continuous production of drug nanoparticles, Chemical Engineering Journal, 2011, 168, 931-937. 
17. Xinming Tong, Jingjing Lai, Baohua Guo, and Yanbin Huang*, A new end group structure of PEG for hydrolysis-resistant biomaterials, Journal of Polymer Science: Polymer Chemistry, 2011, 49, 1513-1516.
16. Xinming Tong, Baohua Guo, and Yanbin Huang*, Toward the synthesis of sequence-controlled vinyl copolymers, Chemical Communications, 2011, 47, 1455-1457. 
15. Yanbin Huang*, Polymer principles in drug delivery, Polymer Bulletin (China) , 2011, (4), 136-143.
14. Qi Pan and Yanbin Huang*, Electro-spraying methods for drug-polymer solid dispersion preparation, Polymer Materials Science & Engineering (China), 2011, 27(7), 133-135.
13. Dexi Lin and Yanbin Huang*, A thermal analysis method to predict the complete phase diagram of drug-polymer solid dispersions, International Journal of Pharmaceutics, 2010, 399, 109-115.
12. Zhe Liu, Yanbin Huang, Yong Jing, and Yi Cheng*, Mixing intensification by chaotic advection inside droplets for controlled nanoparticle preparation, Microfluidics and Nanofluidics, 2010, 9, 773-786.
11. Yi He, Yanbin Huang*, and Yi Cheng*, Structure evolution of curcumin nanoprecipitation from a micromixer, Crystal Growth & Design, 2010, 10, 1021-1024.
10. Nicholas A. Peppas* and Yanbin Huang, Nanoscale technology of mucoadhesive interactions, Advanced Drug Delivery Reviews, 2004, 56, 1675-1687. 
09. Mark Byrne, David Henthorn, Yanbin Huang and Nicholas A. Peppas*, Micropatterned Biomimetic Materials for Bioadhesion and Drug Delivery, in A. K. Dillow and A. M. Lowman, eds., Biomimetic Materials and Design, pp. 443-470, Marcel Dekker, New York (2002).
08. Yanbin Huang, Igal Szleifer* and Nicholas A. Peppas*, A Molecular Theory of Polymer Gels, Macromolecules, 2002, 35: 1373-1380. 
07. Nicholas A. Peppas* and Yanbin Huang, Polymers and Gels as Molecular Recognition Agents, Pharmaceutical Research, 2002, 19: 578-587. 
06. Nadezhda Efremova, Yanbin Huang, Nicholas A. Peppas*, and Deborah E.Leckband* Direct Measurement of Interactions between Tethered PEG Chains and Adsorbed Mucin Layers, Langmuir, 2002, 18: 836-845. 
05. Petr Bures, Yanbin Huang, Ebru Oral and Nicholas A. Peppas*, Surface Modifications and Molecular Imprinting of Polymers in Medical and Pharmaceutical Applications, Journal of Controlled Release, 2001, 72: 25-33. 
04. Yanbin Huang, Igal Szleifer* and Nicholas A. Peppas*, Gel-Gel Adhesion by Tethered Polymers, Journal of Chemical Physics, 2001, 114: 3809-3818. 
03. Yanbin Huang, William Leobandung, Aaron Foss and Nicholas A. Peppas*, Molecular Aspects of Muco- and Bioadhesion: Tethered Structures and Site-Specific Surfaces, Journal of Controlled Release, 2000, 65: 63-71. 
02. Nicholas A. Peppas*, Monica D. Little and Yanbin Huang, Bioadhesive Controlled Release Systems, in D. L. Wise et al. ed., Handbook of Pharmaceutical Controlled Release Technology, pp. 255-270, Marcel Dekker, New York (2000).
01. Nicholas A. Peppas*, Yanbin Huang, Madeline Torres-Lugo, Jennifer H. Ward and Jing Zhang, Physicochemical Foundations and Structural Design of Hydrogels in Medicine and Biology, Annual Review of Biomedical Engineering, 2000, 2: 9-29.
19. Rong Qi, Yanbin Huang, and Xing Zhang, HPMC and naringenin-isonicotinamide co-crystals for the treatment of abdominal aortic aneurysm, Chinese Patent ZL202010063292.9, issued in March, 2021.
18. Yong Tao, Yanbin Huang, Yuling Sun, and Qingchen Cao, An intravitreally injectable antiviral drug depot, Chinese Patent ZL201710006803.1, issued in July, 2019.
17. Wentan Wang, Yanbin Huang, and Yi Cheng, Method for preparing stable albumin nanoparticles, Chinese Patent ZL 201310124591.9, issued in September, 2014.
16. Yong Tao, Yanrong Jiang, Baohua Guo, Yanbin Huang, and Xinming Tong, Application of in-situ crosslinking hydrogel capable of intraocular injection in preparing artificial vitreous bodies, Chinese Patent ZL 201110243230.7, issued in May, 2013
15. Molly Smith, Kelly Arehart, Lei Huang, Shu-Ping Yang, and Yanbin Huang, Degradable therapeutic delivery device, US Patent 8,399,012, issued in March, 2013.
14. Yanbin Huang, Bashir Sheikh-Ali, and Jaeho Kim, Temperature responsive delivery systems, US Patent 8,349,363, issued in January, 2013.
13. Xinming Tong, Baohua Guo, Jingjing Lai, and Yanbin Huang, Polymers capable of performing addition reaction with thiol and having hydrlysis-stable bonding, Chinese Patent ZL 201010224679.4, issued in May, 2012.
12. Ning Wei, Yanbin Huang, and Kaiyuan Yang, Reduction of the hook effect in assay devices, US Patent 7,851,209, issued in December, 2010.
11. J. Gavin MacDonald, Alison Bagwell, Yanbin Huang, Kim Jaeho, and Stephanie Martin, Solvatochromic visual indicator and the use of the same, US Patent 7,829,181, issued in November, 2010.
10. Stephanie Martin, Lei Huang, Shu-Ping Yang, Yanbin Huang, Julie Villanueva, Sharon Greene, Kelly Arehart, Curt Sayre, and Robert Johnson, Vaginal treatment composition containing xylitol, US Patent 7,786,176, issued in August, 2010.
09. Bin Wu, Kevin McGrath, Jaeho Kim, Bao Do, Sharon Greene, Yanbin Huang, and Kaiyuan Yang, Method for reducing odor using coordinated polydentate compounds, US Patent 7,754,197, issued in July, 2010.
08. Yanbin Huang, Shu-Ping Yang, and Sharon Greene, Thermo-gelling compositions, US Patent 7,658,947, issued in February, 2010.
07. J. Gavin MacDonald, Yanbin Huang, Jaeho Kim, Ning Wei, and Kaiyuan Yang, Single phase color change cgents, US Patent 7,651,989, issued in January, 2010.
06. Shu-Ping Yang and Yanbin Huang, Compositions for vaginal treatments, US Patent 7,276,486, issued in October, 2007.
05. Sharon Greene, Yanbin Huang, Lei Huang, Shu-Ping Yang, Ilona Weart, Sohail Malik, and Robert Johnson, Anti-microbial compositions and methods of use thereof, US Patent 7,258,878, issued in August, 2007.
04. Ning Wei and Yanbin Huang, Reduction of the Hook Effect in Membrane-based assay devices, US Patent 7,247,500, issued in July, 2007.
03. Shu-Ping Yang, Yanbin Huang, and Ilona Weart, Prevention of urogenital infections, US Patent 7,238,677, issued in July, 2007.
02. J. Gavin MacDonald, Naveen Agarwal, Yanbin Huang, and Jaeho Kim, Use indicating soap, US Patent 7,053,029, issued in May, 2006.
01. Yanbin Huang and Jaeho Kim. Methods of making functional biodegradable polymers, US Patent 7,037,983, issued in May, 2006