- 1 Registration/Questionnaire: 20.109 Spring 2015
- 1.1 Last Name
- 1.2 First Name
- 1.3 Preferred name/nickname (if not first)
- 1.4 Course/Minor
- 1.5 Year of Graduation
- 1.6 Telephone # (needed in case we can't find you!)
- 1.7 Email
- 1.8 Preferred "Extra" OH Time
- 1.9 Potentially Relevant Background
- 1.10 Please briefly describe any previous laboratory experience
- 1.11 Anything else you would like us to know related to 20.109?
- 1.12 What is your favorite food or song or song about food?
- 1.13 Commitment to academic integrity
- 2 Contact Info
- 3 Education
- 4 Research interests
- 5 Publications
- 6 Useful links
Registration/Questionnaire: 20.109 Spring 2015
Preferred name/nickname (if not first)
18 and 20
Year of Graduation
Telephone # (needed in case we can't find you!)
(the user id is) vvachh (and the domain is) mit.edu
Preferred "Extra" OH Time
Tuesdays between 2:30 and 4 work best for me.
Potentially Relevant Background
|Have you taken/are you taking...||Answer yes/no/when|
|7.05/5.07 (Biochemistry)||Yes; Fall 2013|
|7.06 (Cell Biology)||No|
|7.03 (Genetics)||Yes; Fall 2014|
|5.310 (General Chemistry Lab)||No|
|BioSafety Training||Yes; Summer 2013 at MIT, Caltech's version in 2014|
|Do you have experience with...||Answer yes/no/type|
|Cell culture (microbial/mammalian/yeast?)||Yes; microbial, yeast, mammalian (HEK293, Jurkat, HeLa, MEF)|
|Molecular biology (electrophoresis, PCR, etc)||Yes; basic cloning, RNase free technique, RT-qPCR, CRISPR/Cas for gene knockout, siRNA KD|
Please briefly describe any previous laboratory experience
Major lab experience comes from three labs:
Keene Lab at Duke University: RNA biology; Studied functional relevance of intronic binding sites of the RBP HuR, using siRNA knockdown and intron-specific qPCR analysis.
Gore Lab, MIT: Studied dynamics of migrating populations under the Allee effect, using a microbial model.
Elowitz Lab, Caltech: Modeled (and performed experiments with) a synthetic reporter system to study the signaling dynamics of the Sonic Hedgehog protein.
Nope, I'm not allergic to latex, as far as I know.
What is your favorite food or song or song about food?
Honey Pie, by the Beatles is a good song about food, I guess.
Commitment to academic integrity
After you print out this page, please sign your name under to the following statement to indicate your agreement:
I have read and understood the 20.109 statement on collaboration and integrity.
- Vipul Vachharajani
- Address 1
- Address 2
- City, State, Country etc.
- Email me through OpenWetWare
- 2016 (exp.), BS, Mathematics and Biological Engineering, MIT
- Systems Biology, Mathematical Biology, and Biophysics, especially the kind where the models are simple and powerful.
- Pattern formation in biology, from ecology to development, to the extent that the models are simple, powerful, and aesthetically pleasing (a lot to hope for, I know).