Department of Medicinal Chemistry and Molecular Pharmacology
Assistant Professor at Purdue University.
- Systems Biology
- Chromosome Segregation
- Functional Genomics
- Drug Discovery
- High-throughput screening
Ph.D University of Notre Dame
B.Sc. (1st Class) University of Queensland, Australia
Peer reviewed articles
- Wong J, Nakajima Y, Westermann S, Shang C, Kang JS, Goodner C, Houshmand P, Fields S, Chan CS, Drubin D, Barnes G, and Hazbun T. A protein interaction map of the mitotic spindle. Mol Biol Cell. 2007 Oct;18(10):3800-9. DOI:10.1091/mbc.E07-06-0536 |
- Jin F, Avramova L, Huang J, and Hazbun T. A yeast two-hybrid smart-pool-array system for protein-interaction mapping. Nat Methods. 2007 May;4(5):405-7. DOI:10.1038/nmeth1042 |
- Montpetit B, Hazbun TR, Fields S, and Hieter P. Sumoylation of the budding yeast kinetochore protein Ndc10 is required for Ndc10 spindle localization and regulation of anaphase spindle elongation. J Cell Biol. 2006 Aug 28;174(5):653-63. DOI:10.1083/jcb.200605019 |
- Jin F, Hazbun T, Michaud GA, Salcius M, Predki PF, Fields S, and Huang J. A pooling-deconvolution strategy for biological network elucidation. Nat Methods. 2006 Mar;3(3):183-9. DOI:10.1038/nmeth859 |
- Gingras AC, Caballero M, Zarske M, Sanchez A, Hazbun TR, Fields S, Sonenberg N, Hafen E, Raught B, and Aebersold R. A novel, evolutionarily conserved protein phosphatase complex involved in cisplatin sensitivity. Mol Cell Proteomics. 2005 Nov;4(11):1725-40. DOI:10.1074/mcp.M500231-MCP200 |
- Guo D, Hazbun TR, Xu XJ, Ng SL, Fields S, and Kuo MH. A tethered catalysis, two-hybrid system to identify protein-protein interactions requiring post-translational modifications. Nat Biotechnol. 2004 Jul;22(7):888-92. DOI:10.1038/nbt985 |
- Hazbun TR, Malmström L, Anderson S, Graczyk BJ, Fox B, Riffle M, Sundin BA, Aranda JD, McDonald WH, Chiu CH, Snydsman BE, Bradley P, Muller EG, Fields S, Baker D, Yates JR 3rd, and Davis TN. Assigning function to yeast proteins by integration of technologies. Mol Cell. 2003 Dec;12(6):1353-65.
- Shang C, Hazbun TR, Cheeseman IM, Aranda J, Fields S, Drubin DG, and Barnes G. Kinetochore protein interactions and their regulation by the Aurora kinase Ipl1p. Mol Biol Cell. 2003 Aug;14(8):3342-55. DOI:10.1091/mbc.E02-11-0765 |
- Hazbun TR and Fields S. A genome-wide screen for site-specific DNA-binding proteins. Mol Cell Proteomics. 2002 Jul;1(7):538-43.
- Gera JF, Hazbun TR, and Fields S. Array-based methods for identifying protein-protein and protein-nucleic acid interactions. Methods Enzymol. 2002;350:499-512.
- Hazbun TR and Fields S. Networking proteins in yeast. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2001 Apr 10;98(8):4277-8. DOI:10.1073/pnas.091096398 |
- Jana R, Hazbun TR, Fields JD, and Mossing MC. Single-chain lambda Cro repressors confirm high intrinsic dimer-DNA affinity. Biochemistry. 1998 May 5;37(18):6446-55. DOI:10.1021/bi980152v |
- Jana R, Hazbun TR, Mollah AK, and Mossing MC. A folded monomeric intermediate in the formation of lambda Cro dimer-DNA complexes. J Mol Biol. 1997 Oct 24;273(2):402-16. DOI:10.1006/jmbi.1997.1256 |
- Hazbun TR, Stahura FL, and Mossing MC. Site-specific recognition by an isolated DNA-binding domain of the sine oculis protein. Biochemistry. 1997 Mar 25;36(12):3680-6. DOI:10.1021/bi9625206 |
Hazbun TR, Miller JP. Section Seven: Genome-wide and computer-based analysis of protein interactions. Chapter on “Genome-wide analysis of protein-protein interactions by a two-hybrid array”