User:TheLarry/Notebook/Larrys Notebook/2010/03/05

From OpenWetWare
Jump to navigationJump to search
Tracking Main project page
Previous entry      Next entry

Simulating Images

I spent most of today and yesterday adding features and generally making the create the more user friendly.

Look it is blue.
SJK 22:39, 5 March 2010 (EST)
22:39, 5 March 2010 (EST)
Wow, Blue! I'm impressed! :)

There are some nifty extras. I am of the belief that this should be supplementary and not a full paper because it doesn't have a lot of impact and it should be easy to find in the supplementary section. Not as easy as a whole nother paper but not too difficult.

Steve Koch 22:44, 5 March 2010 (EST): I think I'll ask some peeps on friendfeed for advice. I'm wondering if perhaps writing up the methods only (basically as supplementary info w/o introduction, but with some citations) and submitting to Nature Precedings would be good? Then instead of having supplementary information, we can cite the Nature Precedings manuscript? This way we could format it the way we think is best, get a DOI, list it on your resume (as non-peer reviewed pub), other people could cite it, but we don't waste peer-reviewers' time. In my mind now, that's a good idea, but let's see what other say. For sure, though, you have a nice part of your dissertation done--and that will be another form of publication!

Tracking Software

SJK 22:41, 5 March 2010 (EST)
22:41, 5 March 2010 (EST)
Yeah, I can look at it with you next week. I noticed when I saw it that the MT surface density was very high, so I was skeptical that it would work anyway. Maybe the hiccup is caused by too many crossing events?

I think I will post a question on friendfeed and embed it below, asking people what they think about how to publish this image generation software.

hey doc, Andy's automation has been crapping out lately. I am not sure what the problem is so when i got back from the talk after it crashed again i started looking for it. The problem is that the template image was not loading correctly sometimes. To save time we made the template only load if this is the first time the IVA Pattern Matching Algorithm_with was called. We have a boolean control and inputs is if the iteration number is equal to zero. Well i don't know why but sometimes it would say that the initialization was false when it should have been true. I haven't proven this but it seemed like the most probably error. So i added an extra while loop around the whole thing that if the template loaded was empty i would change the boolean to true and try it again. It looks like that fixed it, but i don't know why that was necessary in the first place. I have run the automation and manual tracking successfully on my computer and it has run successfully on andy's computer. This is new and annoying but i don't know what went wrong. It looks fixed with this add-on, but i am weary.

Friendfeed thread for above discussion

<html> <iframe width="600" height="400" frameborder="0" src="" ></iframe><br> </html>