User:Tessa A. Morris
- Tessa A. Morris
- Loyola Marymount University
- 1 LMU Drive MSB-5770
- Los Angeles, CA 90045
- Email me through OpenWetWare
I attend Loyola Marymount University. I learned about OpenWetWare from my professors, Dr. Dahlquist and Dr. Fitzpatrick, because my course, Biomathematical Modeling, is using OpenWetWare.
Electronic Lab Notebook
Lab Notebook Summer 2015
Tessa A. Morris Electronic Lab Notebook 2015-2016
- Biomathematics Major
- Class of 2016
- Upper Division Classes Taken
- Chemistry: Analytical Chemistry (CHEM 360), Biochemistry & Lab (CHEM 370 & 371), Physical Chemistry & Lab (CHEM 340 & 341)
- Mathematics: Intro to Probability/States (MATH 360), Methods of Applied Math (MATH 355), Survey of Biomathematics (MATH 388)
- Biology: Physiology of Disease (BIOL 450)
My career goal is to do medical research that makes use of mathematical modeling and applied mathematics.
Independent Research Projects
- Howard Hughes Medical Institute (HHMI) SEA Phage Discovery Program
- Fall 2012-Spring 2013, Loyola Marymount University
- Mentors: Dr. Yiwen Fang and Dr. Carl Urbinati
- Presentation: Discovery, Isolation, and Classification of Mycobacteriophage CHAI, Loyola Marymount University Undergraduate Research Symposium 2013 Poster Presentation
- General Chemistry Lab Teaching Assistant, Loyola Marymount University (2014 - current)
- Ran the General Chemistry Laboratory
- Student Liaison, Loyola Marymount University (2014 - current)
- Supported Seaver College of Science and Engineering undergraduate students
- Transfer Student Orientation Leader, Loyola Marymount University (August 2014)
- Assisted in easing the transition of new transfer students into the Loyola Marymount University, Seaver College of Science and Engineering community
- Research Assistant, University of California San Diego (June - August 2013)
- Analyzed deuterium exchange mass spectrometry (DXMS) data for the glycoprotein, fibrinogen.
- Front Desk Assistant, Loyola Marymount University (February - October 2013)
- Provided customer service and information to residents and visitors
- Medical Record Accountant, University of California San Diego (June – August 2012)
- Entered patient medical information for medical research
- Data Analyst, University of California San Diego (June - August 2011)
- Performed Digital analysis of graphical pulmonary physiology data for medical research regarding obstructive lung diseases
Personal Interests and Hobbies
- I am a member of Marians Service Organization through which I do service at the Boys & Girls Club in Santa Monica and KEEN LA, which provides a day of fun for children with special needs.
- I am a member of the LMU Chemistry Society, which brings together students and faculty with a passion for chemistry.
- I enjoy reading, especially science fiction (my favorite series is A Song of Ice and Fire by George R.R. Martin).
- I have a love for all animals, but cats hold a special place in my heart.
- I love seeing and traveling the world (I recently toured Australia and New Zealand), but I still think the most beautiful place is my hometown, San Diego, California.
Interest in Biology
My favorite thing about biology is that the study of biology, especially microbiology, can often be equated to solving a mystery. Much of what is known about biology was discovered through the detective work of biologists.
Interest in Mathematics
My interest in mathematics was sparked when I learned about the Fibonacci sequence, a sequence which often occurs in nature. As I studied mathematics further, my love for it grew as I learned more about the applications, through differential equations and statistics.
- User Page: Tessa A. Morris
- Personal Lab Notebook: Summer Lab Notebook Lab Notebook 2015-2016
- Lab Home Page: Dahlquist Lab
- Schedule: Summer 2015