Sept 26 - Creation of ion exchanged films
- Group Members Andrew Farag Sr (Undergrad) and Michael Bible Jr (Undergrad)
- Group Name : AMT
- Create duplicate films from the ion exchanged clays
The films were created using the procedure from 9/24
- Finish processing the clays from 9/24/2014
Completing film synthesis
The ion exchanged clays were processed using the procedure from 8/29/2014
- Warm 150mL of Sodium Sulfate Solution (see below for details) at 80C for 15 minutes
- Place film in Sodium Sulfate Solution (see below for details) at 80C for 1 hour with gentle stirring
- Warm 150mL of 1% HCl at 80C for 15 minutes
- Place film in 1% HCl Solution (see below for details) at 80C for 30 minutes with gentle stirring
- Place film in Sodium Bicarbonate Solution for 15 minutes at room temperature with gentle stirring
Ion Exchanged Films
- The PVA with (1-hexadecyl) triphenylphosphonium bromide film from Eleni's group looked homogeneous, with a light brown color.
- Below is a picture of the PVA with tributylhexadecylphosphonium bromide made by my group. In this case the clay was not evenly dispersed.