- Re-create purple solution without nanoparticles using refolding buffer
- Start MBP-intein Protein Expression
Studying the Effect of Refolding Buffer (repeat procedure from 12/07/11)
- Mix 100μL of 2.76mM HAuCl4 and 100μL 15.06μM BSA with 800μL distilled water in a microcentrifuge tube.
- Place the tube on a heat block at 80°C for three hours.
- Add 500μL 50mM Tris, pH 7.5.
- Remove from heat after about 5 min. Observe.
Begin Expression of MBP-intein
- Add 35μL of ampicillin to each of the 250mL flasks (previously autoclaved with 35mL of LB with glucose).
- Add one colony from the previously streaked out LB/Amp plate (02/01/12 from glycerol stock pMXB10 Stock #115) to each of these flasks.
- Incubate the flasks overnight at 250rpm at 37°C.
- purple fibers still formed instead of solution