User:Steven J. Koch/Notebook/Kochlab/2009/03/18/Feedback program
Note: This page was transferred from the private wiki, and thus links and images may be broken until they are fixed.
Steven J. Koch 00:49, 19 March 2009 (EDT): I kicked ass on reworking the feedback program a couple weeks ago. I've been trying to get back into it for the past hour or so and it's difficult. a couple hours is not enough chunk of time for this, ... last time I was able to spend like 14 hours, which is much better.
- I wired up the "DAQmx cluster inputs"
- Now I need to deal with creating the tasks, etc. in the appropriate places. This won't amount to much code, but will be tricky given that the old stuff was all register-level programming
- Working on deleting the AOD stuff
Getting rid of AOD stuff
It looks like the AOD information cluster is actually not saved in the config files.This is good actually, because I'm going to leave the cluster there, wired up to everything so it can be used for our next modulation method (perhaps).
- Actually the AOD stuff is saved to configuration files. That's still OK, because I'll just hard-wire in nonsense numbers for now.
- Decided to make "fake" AOD VIs. This is to make it easier to add back in amplitude modulation, or even AOD deflection control (or another means of deflection control). I am making the new VIs light blue instead of dark blue.
Steven J. Koch 01:21, 19 March 2009 (EDT): I discovered that the Piezo Goop stuff uses RLP. It remains to be seen whether it will end up helping or hurting that I used the GOOP stuff. (GOOP is "graphical object-oriented programming.)
Steven J. Koch 01:32, 19 March 2009 (EDT):Not sure if I'm doing it right, but I changed the control of the piezo GOOP to have an analog output physical channel.
- "ConfigurePiezoDAQ" needs to be updated. Not taking a screenshot now, but it's core is an RLP DLL.
- Steven J. Koch 01:42, 19 March 2009 (EDT): It looks like there is all kinds of crazy shit I did for speed / RLP issues with this Piezo GOOP. My inclination now is that it should be ditched, because DAQmx will allow most of the GOOP advantages naturally.
- Changed the piezo / freq core VI to "time critical" / non-reentrant, so that DAQmx would work.