Shicheng Guo (an artistic interpretation)
- Shicheng Guo, Ph.D.
- University of California at San Diego
- 9500 Gilman Drive MC 0412. La Jolla, San Diego, CA 92093-0412
- 2009-2014, PhD, Genetics, School of Life Sciences, Fudan University, Shanghai, China
- 2005-2009, BS, Bio-technique, School of Life Sciences, Northeast Agricultural University,Harbin, China
Shicheng Guo, Ph.D. (2009-2014), Postdoc fellow in UCSD. He graduated from School of Life Sciences, Fudan University. The realm which he focus on now is computational biology and medical statistics including: manifold kinds of microarray analysis, meta-analysis, genome-wide SNP, RNA, Methylation, CNV analysis based on next generation sequencing technology. In the past three years, he had participated in series of attractive research( Yan-Huang methylome project et.al), and participated in publishing several interesting papers( Nature Biotechnology, Plos Biology et al) and two Chinese patents. Specially, in clinical field, he want to explore some high sensitive and specific diagnosis and prognosis biomarkers for some complex disease such as immune diseases, cancer. And then establish some high accuracy disease prediction models so that doctors can make more felicitous decision to his/her patients. 5 years Perl, R usage exprience under Ubuntu.
- Machine learning for variable selection and prediction
- Genetic and Epigenetic Association Study
- Gitlab and Github to build, save and share software and pipeline
- Dynamic Documents with Markdown, knitr
- Rpubs to save and share Projects analyzed by R
- OpenWetWare,MediaWiki,Biostars to share the knowledge