I am a new member of OpenWetWare!
Senior Research Fellow
The Computational Biology Group
National Centre for Biological Science,
Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, Bangalore - India
+91 9986009148 / firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
I work in Prof. R. Sowdhamini's Lab at National Centre for Biological Science, Bangalore, India. I am working in the field of Bioinformatics, my interest are in analysis and extraction of biological meaning from exponentialy growing experimental data. I am also working at Dr. B. Gopal's Laboratory, Molecular Biophysics Unit, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, India. I will be writing about my research interests in this OpenWetWare pages.
- 2005 - till date , Senior Research Fellow in Prof. R. Sowdhamini's Lab, National Centre for Biological Sciences, TIFR, Bangalore - India
- 2004, MSc in Bioinformatics, Mahatma Gandhi University, Kerala - India
- 2002, BSc in Physics Major (with Chemistry and Mathematics), Calicut University, Kerala - India
- Genome Informatics
- Structural Bioinformatics
- Open Source (Bioinformatics) Programming / Web 2.0 Technologies
- Machine Learning in Bioinformatics
- Bioinformatics Database & Servers Development
- PURE: A web server for querying the relationship between Pre-existing domains and Unassigned Regions in proteins. CC Sekhar Reddy, K Shameer, O
Bernard and R Sowdhamini (2007) [Nature Protocols DOI : 10.1038/nprot.2007.486]
- HARMONY: a server for the assessment of protein structures. G. Pugalenthi., K Shameer., N. Srinivasan., and R. Sowdhamini. (2006) Nucleic
Acids Research 34: 143-146
- IWS: Integrated Web Server for protein sequence and structure analysis. K Shameer & R Sowdhamini (2007) Bioinformation2(3): 86-90
- Hypothetical Protein-Protein Interaction Pathway of FANC core complex based on motif Analysis. K. Shameer et. al ;( 2005) Bioinformatics Trends, 4, 112-119
- Gene^Scape – Web based Multiple gene-mapping tool for Mus Musculus. K Shameer et. al; (2005) Bioinformatics Trends, 3, 4, 140-142.
- Protein * Quest – A web based cross-reference protein information resource. Shameer K et. al; (2004) Bioinformatics Trends, 2, 3, 47 - 52.
- More to come soon...
- [Teach Yourself Programming in 10 years http://www.norvig.com/21-days.html]
- My Blog at OpenWetWare
- My Bioinformatics Blog
- My Personal Blog