User:Sarah Judson/Notebook/DataOne DataCitationPractices:Notebook:22June2010
- advocate for making datasets citeable on the same level of publications
- supports assignment of doi to dataset
- pangea uses datacite
- competitor with "crossref"
- control vocabulary for discipline type
- vocabulary mapping framework
- dublin core, etc
- citation typing ontology
- "first class identifiers"
- to europeans, dataset is a form of publication, publisher = depository (problem pointed out by Todd - depositories don't have ISSN #s)