- Cross-link films made on 21/09/2012
-Wait until the temperature of the solution reached to 70 C to add 0.1 g of PVOH
-An hour later, the film was taken out of the solution and washed couple times with distilled water before placing in to a 1% aqueous HCL solution for half an hour.
-Film pieces are removed from the solution and placed in to a 0.2 M of Sodium bicarbonate solution and left under the hood for 15 minutes . (no heat/no stirring)
- Standard prep for 20ppm stock solutions
- Prepare 3 samples of 0.10 g of NaMT. Add to 20 ml blue CySO4 in to each sample. (Make sure to use clean and dry filter flask. Additionally use dry filter paper (41).Durig the filtration pour the solution to the center of the filter paper. Save both filtrate and solids from the filtration)
- Sample A is heated and stirred for 1 min and then filtered.
- Sample B is heated and stirred for 5 min and then filtered.
- Sample C is heated and stirred for 10 min and then filtered.
- Same procedure was repeated for both 100% CEC surfactant, 50% CEC surfactant and Fe3O4 -NaMT.
- Filtrates obtained from filtration were light blue.
- Filtrates obtained from Fe3O4-NaMT had red-brown precipitation especially 1 min and 10 min.
- Solids obtained from the top of the filter paper for each filtration process was very small amount. These solids were obtained for X-Ray measurements.
- The mass of films prepared on 19/09/2012 were measured. Both of the masses were same.
A)gluteraldehyde film prep= 0.6322g
B)second gluteraldehyde film except replace 20% of PVOH with PDMS= 0.6322g
This area is for any observations or conclusions that you would like to note.
Use categories like tags. Change the "Course" category to the one corresponding to your course. The "Miscellaneous" tag can be used for particular experiments, as instructed by your professor. Please be sure to change or delete this tag as required so that the categories remain well organized.