- Repeat gluteraldehyde film prep
( 0.5g of PVOH, 6ml of water, 1ml of gluteraldhyde )
- Prepare second gluteraldehyde film except replace 20% of PVOH with PDMS
( 0.4 g PVOH, 6 ml of water and 0.1 g of PDMS, 1 ml of gluteraldhyde)
- Prepare 1L of gluteraldehyde fixed solution.
( Mix 1L of water with 200g of NASO4. After NaSO4 is dissolved, add 20 ml of concentrated sulfuric acid.)
- Prepare 500 ml of 20ppm SO4^-2 as CuSO4 and Na2SO4.
(Dilution of each solutions were used in order to have more accurate concentrations.)
- CuSO4: (159.02g/mol) x (2*10^(-3)mol/L) x (1L/1000ml) x (500mL)
=0.16 g of cupper in 500 ml HPLC grey water.
(m1)(v1) = (m2) (v2)
(2*10^(-3))(v1) = (2* 10^(-5)) (500ml)
v1 = 5ml of the solution in 495 ml of water.(in order to obtain a mass of 0.0016g of CuSO4 in 500 ml of water)
- Na2SO4: (142.04g/mol) x (2*10^(-3)mol/L) x (1L/1000ml) x (500mL)
=0.14 g of cupper in 500 ml HPLC grey water.
5 ml of the solution is mixed with 495 ml of water. (in order to obtain 0.0014 g of Na2SO4 in 500ml water)
- Place both of the solutions in to separate funnels and make sure the caps are on.
- Filter the clays from 12/09/2012.
- Second gluteraldehyde film with replacing 20% of PVOH with PDMS is thin and flexible.
- After the filtration, solids of 50% exchanged Na.MT and 100% exchanged Na.MT were white however Fe3O4 coated NaMT were red-brown and had a magnetic property.
- All samples are grinned well for the X-ray.
This area is for any observations or conclusions that you would like to note.
Use categories like tags. Change the "Course" category to the one corresponding to your course. The "Miscellaneous" tag can be used for particular experiments, as instructed by your professor. Please be sure to change or delete this tag as required so that the categories remain well organized.