User:Samantha J. McCabe
- Samantha J. McCabe
- Ohio State University
- Riffe Building 936
- 2017-Pres, MS in Environmental Science, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH.
Advisor Dr. Virginia Rich
- 2013-2016, BS in Environmental and Ecological Science, minor Political Science, Elon University, Elon, NC.
Advisor Dr. Brant Touchette
- 2016, Tropical Island Biodiversity Studies, The School for Field Studies, Bocas Del Toro, Panama.
Advisor Dr. Cinda P Scott
The biology and ecology of aquatic and marine ecosystems, with particular interest in how aquatic and wetland plants respond to environmental change and anthropogenic perturbations.
- 2017-Pres, C:N:P ratios and plant biomass in a subarctic peatland, Ohio State University, Columbus, OH.
- 2015-2016, Aquatic plant ecophysiology, Elon University, Elon, NC.
- 2016, Sea urchin thermal tolerance, Smithsonian Tropical Research Institute, Bocas Del Toro, Panama.
- 2016, Coastal mangrove zooplankton communities, School for Field Studies, Bocas Del Toro, Panama.
Information to come
- Touchette, B.W., Nighswander, G., McCabe, S., Kneppers, M. (In Prep). Diurnal variations in photosystem II performance in emergent wetland plants (Eleocharis quadrangulata, Ludwigia peploides, Sagittaria latifolia) is largely driven by environmental temperatures.
- Collin, R., Rendina, F., Goodwin, V., McCabe, S. (In Prep). Thermal Tolerance and Thermal Performance Curves Show That Caribbean Sea Urchins Live Near the Optimal Temperatures for Performance.
Honors and Awards
- Magna Cum Laude, Elon University
- Red Oak Award: Outstanding Graduate in Environmental Studies, Elon University
- Kappa Alpha Omicron, Environmental Honors Society
- Student Undergraduate Research Experience (SURE), Scholar, Elon University
- Emily M. & Kelsey A. Edwards Endowed Scholarship, Elon University
- New York Times Scholarship, New York Times
- Photography awards and publications