- Ruqiang Liang
- University of Louisville
- 580 South Preston Street
- Room 109, Baxter II
- Louisville, KY, 40202 USA
- Email me through OpenWetWare
I work in University of Louisville as a research associate. I learned about OpenWetWare from Internet, and I've joined because I want to share with great scientists about the exciting biological science research of tomorrow.
- 2006, PhD, Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences, China
- 1998, BS, Sichuan University, China
Interested in the following fields
- RNA biology
Most of the human genome is actively transcribed, however the protein coding sequences only occupies 1 to 2 percent of the genome sequence. It's hard to say that the non-protein coding RNAs (ncRNAs) are just transcription noise or junk RNA. So what's the function of these ncRNAs? How it is controlled or regulated?
- Chromatin biology
- Systems Biology
- Fluorescence Spectroscopy in Biological Research
- Lanceta J, Prough RA, Liang R, and Wang E. MicroRNA group disorganization in aging. Exp Gerontol. 2010 Apr;45(4):269-78. DOI:10.1016/j.exger.2009.12.009 |
- Liang R, Bates DJ, and Wang E. Epigenetic Control of MicroRNA Expression and Aging. Curr Genomics. 2009 May;10(3):184-93. DOI:10.2174/138920209788185225 |
- Bates DJ, Li N, Liang R, Sarojini H, An J, Masternak MM, Bartke A, and Wang E. MicroRNA regulation in Ames dwarf mouse liver may contribute to delayed aging. Aging Cell. 2010 Feb;9(1):1-18. DOI:10.1111/j.1474-9726.2009.00529.x |
- Zhao B, Ge L, Liang R, Li W, Ruan K, Lin H, and Jin Y. Members of miR-169 family are induced by high salinity and transiently inhibit the NF-YA transcription factor. BMC Mol Biol. 2009 Apr 8;10:29. DOI:10.1186/1471-2199-10-29 |
- Bates DJ, Liang R, Li N, and Wang E. The impact of noncoding RNA on the biochemical and molecular mechanisms of aging. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2009 Oct;1790(10):970-9. DOI:10.1016/j.bbagen.2009.03.028 |
- Huang B, Li W, Zhao B, Xia C, Liang R, Ruan K, Jing N, and Jin Y. MicroRNA expression profiling during neural differentiation of mouse embryonic carcinoma P19 cells. Acta Biochim Biophys Sin (Shanghai). 2009 Mar;41(3):231-6.
- Zhao B, Liang R, Ge L, Li W, Xiao H, Lin H, Ruan K, and Jin Y. Identification of drought-induced microRNAs in rice. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2007 Mar 9;354(2):585-90. DOI:10.1016/j.bbrc.2007.01.022 |
- Ruan K, Li J, Liang R, Xu C, Yu Y, Lange R, and Balny C. A rare protein fluorescence behavior where the emission is dominated by tyrosine: case of the 33-kDa protein from spinach photosystem II. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2002 Apr 26;293(1):593-7. DOI:10.1016/S0006-291X(02)00247-4 |
- Liang RQ, Li W, Li Y, Tan CY, Li JX, Jin YX, and Ruan KC. An oligonucleotide microarray for microRNA expression analysis based on labeling RNA with quantum dot and nanogold probe. Nucleic Acids Res. 2005 Jan 31;33(2):e17. DOI:10.1093/nar/gni019 |
- Wang HZ, Wang HY, Liang RQ, and Ruan KC. Detection of tumor marker CA125 in ovarian carcinoma using quantum dots. Acta Biochim Biophys Sin (Shanghai). 2004 Oct;36(10):681-6.
- Liang RQ, Tan CY, and Ruan KC. Colorimetric detection of protein microarrays based on nanogold probe coupled with silver enhancement. J Immunol Methods. 2004 Feb 15;285(2):157-63. DOI:10.1016/j.jim.2003.11.008 |
- Tan CY, Liang RQ, and Ruan KC. [Application of quantum dot to life science]. Sheng Wu Hua Xue Yu Sheng Wu Wu Li Xue Bao (Shanghai). 2002 Jan;34(1):1-5.
A review in Chinese
- Mark Ptashne. A genetic switch. Cold Spring Harbor, N.Y.: Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory Press, 2004. ISBN:0879697164