User:Robert Sidney Cox Iii
I am a new member of OpenWetWare!
- Robert Sidney Cox III
- Department of Chemical Science and Engineering, Kobe University
- Engineering Building D2-301, 1-1 Rokkodaicho
- Nada-ku, Kobe, Japan 657-8501
- Email me through OpenWetWare or find my email in the additional information section of this paper
- 2008, PhD, California Institute of Technology
- 2001, BA, New College of Florida
- Promoters. DNA sequences necessary for transcriptional initiation. Typically the first 10% of a gene.
- Reporters. Ways of measuring gene expression in vivo or en masse.
- Recombination. Genome egineering.
- Metabolism. Make stuff for humans. Clean up messes.
- Rydenfelt M, Cox RS 3rd, Garcia H, and Phillips R. Statistical mechanical model of coupled transcription from multiple promoters due to transcription factor titration. Phys Rev E Stat Nonlin Soft Matter Phys. 2014 Jan;89(1):012702. DOI:10.1103/PhysRevE.89.012702 |
Complete thermodynamic theory of TF titration by multiple gene copies. Includes both analytical and computational solutions which can be applied to transcriptional networks and promoter architectures.
- Cox RS 3rd, Dunlop MJ, and Elowitz MB. A synthetic three-color scaffold for monitoring genetic regulation and noise. J Biol Eng. 2010 Jul 21;4:10. DOI:10.1186/1754-1611-4-10 |
Well characterized 3 color E. coli reporter system.
- Cox RS 3rd, Surette MG, and Elowitz MB. Programming gene expression with combinatorial promoters. Mol Syst Biol. 2007;3:145. DOI:10.1038/msb4100187 |
E. coli combinatorial 288 promoter library with cI, TetR, LacI, AraC, and LuxR.
- You L, Cox RS 3rd, Weiss R, and Arnold FH. Programmed population control by cell-cell communication and regulated killing. Nature. 2004 Apr 22;428(6985):868-71. DOI:10.1038/nature02491 |
Population control circuit stabilizes E. coli population density using quorum sensing.