- Rand Haley
- Huron Consulting Group
- Six Concourse Parkway, Suite 2050
- Atlanta, GA 30328
- Email me through OpenWetWare
Rand has ten years of experience providing management and strategy consulting services to research universities, helping them to address challenges and capture opportunities associated with the management of their research enterprises. The projects that he leads help university leadership and faculty expand research activity, optimize research investments, and increase their capabilities to strategically invest in the research enterprise.
Prior to joining Huron, Rand founded and led an independent consulting practice that provided research strategy and development services to universities and states. He also directed a technical assistance project funded by the National Science Foundation to help less-competitive research universities plan and compete for major research centers.
- 2001, MA, Science and Technology Policy, The George Washington University
- 1999, MS, Biochemistry and Molecular Biophysics, School of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania
- 1997, BS, Physics, Georgia Institute of Technology
- University research management and strategy
- Core research facility improvement
- Physical and biomedical science
- Science and technology policy
- Competitive intelligence
- Haley R. A framework for managing core facilities within the research enterprise. J Biomol Tech. 2009 Sep;20(4):226-30.
- Yan Y, Barlev NA, Haley RH, Berger SL, and Marmorstein R. Crystal structure of yeast Esa1 suggests a unified mechanism for catalysis and substrate binding by histone acetyltransferases. Mol Cell. 2000 Nov;6(5):1195-205.
- papers to be listed soon
leave a comment about a paper here