I am a senior research associate in the Maloof Lab in the section of Plant Biology at UC Davis. Before joining the lab I worked as an independent postdoctoral researcher in Peter Westhoff's lab [] at the Heinrich-Heine-University in Düsseldorf, Germany. I was supported by a Emmy-Noether fellowship, phase I, from the German Research Agency DFG, and worked on a vitamin-C-deficient Arabidopsis thaliana mutant called vtc2.
- 2003, PhD, Niyogi lab [], Department of Plant and Microbial Biology, UC Berkeley, USA
- 1997, Biology Diploma, Technical University Darmstadt, Germany
I will be working on characterizing the shade avoidance responses of various light signaling mutants.
Also, I will be studying the involvement of auxin in the shade avoidance response.
- Golan T, Müller-Moulé P, Niyogi KK (2006) Photoprotection mutants of Arabidopsis thaliana acclimate to high
light by increasing photosynthesis and specific antioxidants. Plant, Cell and Environment 29: 879-887.
- Abdel-Ghany SE, Müller-Moulé P, Niyogi KK, Pilon M, Shikanai T (2005) Two P-type ATPases are required for copper delivery in Arabidopsis thaliana chloroplasts. Plant Cell 17: 1233-1251.
- Niyogi KK, Golan T, Li X-P, Müller-Moulé P (2004) Using mutants to understand light stress acclimation in plants. In: G Papageorgiou, Govindjee, eds, Chlorophyll fluorescence: The signature of photosynthetic efficiency, AIPH Vol. 19, pp. 525-554. Kluwer Academic Publishers, Dordrecht.
- Müller-Moulé P, Golan T, Niyogi KK (2004) Ascorbate-deficient mutants of Arabidopsis grow in high light despite chronic photooxidative stress. Plant Physiology 134: 1163-1172.
- Müller-Moulé P, Havaux M, Niyogi KK (2003) Zeaxanthin deficiency enhances the high light sensitivity of an ascorbate-deficient mutant of Arabidopsis. Plant Physiology 133: 748-760.
- Shikanai T, Müller-Moulé P, Munekage Y, Niyogi KK, Pilon M (2003) PAA1, a P-type ATPase of Arabidopsis, functions in copper transport in chloroplasts. Plant Cell 15: 1333-1346.
- Li X-P, Müller-Moulé P, Gilmore AM, Niyogi KK (2002) PsbS-dependent enhancement of feedback de-excitation protects photosystem II from photoinhibition. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America 99: 15222-15227.
- Müller-Moulé P, Conklin PL, Niyogi KK (2002) Ascorbate deficiency can limit violaxanthin de-epoxidase activity in vivo. Plant Physiology 128: 970-977.
- Müller P, Niyogi KK (2001) Vitamin C deficiency enhances the high light sensitivity of a xanthophyll cycle mutant of Arabidopsis thaliana. Photosynthesis Research 69: 30-31.
- Müller P, Li X-P, Niyogi KK (2001) Non-photochemical quenching. A response to excess light energy. Plant Physiology 125: 1558-1566.
Outside the lab
Outside the lab I (and my husband) are busy with our two-year-old twins. During the spare time I sometimes have I like to read a book, go to the gym and do some gardening. Eventually, I hope to be going hiking on the weekends again.