- 2010- 2014 PhD Biological Engineering of Plant Systems, Jim Haseloff, Dept. of Plant Sciences, University of Cambridge
- 2009-2010 Msc Bioinformatics and Theoretical Systems Biology, Imperial College London
- 2006-2009 BEng Biomedical Engineering, Imperial College London
My research will combine methods from several disciplines, including:
- Developmental Biology
- Mathematical Modelling
- Synthetic Biology
More details of the topics can be found in the Haseloff Lab website. I have previously worked on dynamical models of gene regulatory networks, under the supervision of J Krishnan, Dept Chemical Engineering, Imperial College London. In 2010, I undertook a project under the supervision of Dr Guy-Bart Stan, CSynBI institute, Imperial College London. Details of the project can be found here.
- Yousif N, Purswani N, Bayford R, Nandi D, Bain P, and Liu X. Evaluating the impact of the deep brain stimulation induced electric field on subthalamic neurons: a computational modelling study. J Neurosci Methods. 2010 Apr 30;188(1):105-12. DOI:10.1016/j.jneumeth.2010.01.026 |
- Purswani, N., Yousif, N. et al. Modelling the activation of neuronal populations during deep brain stimulation. BMC Neuroscience 2009, 10(Suppl 1):P190. CNS 2009, Berlin, Germany: 18th Annual Computational Neuroscience Meeting. Poster presentation.
- Purswani, N., Yousif N. et al. Computational models of the effect of deep brain stimulation on neuronal structures. PGBIOMED 2009, Oxford University: IEEE Post graduate conference in Biomedical Engineering and Medical Physics. Oral (platform) presentation. PDF.