- Rerun kinetics reaction which was unsuccessful on 10/1/2013 due to the dilute sample of luminol used.
- Perform Chemiluminescence reaction
- Prepared a 1/9 dilution of luminol in order to create a reaction mixture that has HRP 1000x less concentrated than luminol.
- Ran UV-vis of the prepared luminol in order to ensure that the absorbance maximum was at or above 1.
Figure 1. Absorbance spectra of 1/9 dilution of luminol for kinetics reaction with HRP
- Prepared two samples in order to monitor the chemiluminescence of luminol, described on 10/1/2013
- Tube 1: 5ml of 0.5mM luminol and 5ml of 5nM HRP
- Tube 2: 10ml of Hydrogen peroxide which came from a stock solution with the concentration of 12.8mM
- It was determined that HRP was inactive. None of the prepared solutions produced workable data. All kinetics data will be obtained from the successful data analyzed on 10/1/2013.