- To determine the concentration of dissolved AuNPs in samples prepared with BSA, measure atomic absorbance and compare to standards.
- Atomic Absorbtion spectroscopter was calibrated with standard solutions of Au, with concentrations of 5, 8, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30 and 40 ppm prepared by Dr. Miller.
- Between samples, deionized water was run throguh the spectroscoper.
- A blank was run with 1M HCl once every four samples.
- Samples of Au/BSA made last week were analyzed and their absorbance was compared to that of the standards.
- The lack of a consistent slope in the 132-140 [Au/BSA] range would suggest that a higher percentage of gold goes into fibers at these mole ratios. However, this contradicts our previous trials with Au/BSA in UV/Vis, which showed the most AuNP in solution around this region, and the least in fibers.
- The opposite trend was expected. More trials need to be run to see what's going on here.