- Synthesize 20% and 30% bentonite clay beads
- Prepare plastic columns
- Continue to test film swelling
- Synthesis of 20% beads
- The synthesis of 20% bentonite beads was prepared using the same procedure from before with the only difference being the use of 16.66ml of 3% wt bentonite solution and 5.31ml of water.
- Synthesis of 30% beads
- The synthesis of the 30% beads was the same as that of the 20% beads with the only difference being the addition of 0.7498g of bentonite powder and 21.97 ml of DI water.
- Preparation of plastic columns
- The preparation of plastic columns for the 20% and 30% beads occurred using the same procedure detailed from September 16th.
- Film swelling
- ALl samples are tested by recording the mass of the patted-dry films, placing them in the oven for 2 hours at 100°C, then recording the mass of the dry films:
- Two pieces of the 0.5ml glutaraldehyde and PVOH film were tested.
- Three pieces of the 1.0ml glutaraldehyde and PVOH film were tested.