- Postdoctoral Researcher, Department of Bioengineering, Stanford University, 01/2009-12/31/09.
- Postdoctoral Researcher, Division of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, California Institute of Technology, 07/2008-12/2008.
- Ph.D. in Chemistry, California Institute of Technology, 2005-2008.
- M.S. in Chemical Engineering, California Institute of Technology, 2003-2005.
- B.S. in Chemical Engineering, Virginia Commonwealth University, 1999-2003.
- Minors: Business Administration and Chemistry
- Maung Nyan Win and Christina D. Smolke. (2009) Chapter 8: Regulating gene expression through engineered RNA technologies. The Metabolic Pathway Engineering Handbook: Tools and Applications, San Diego: CRC Press. (In press)
- Maung Nyan Win, Joe C. Liang, and Christina D. Smolke. (2009) Frameworks for programming biological functions through RNA parts and devices. Chemistry and Biology, 16 (3): 298-310.
- Maung Nyan Win and Christina D. Smolke. (2008) Higher-order cellular information processing with synthetic RNA devices. Science, 322 (5900): 456-460.
- Ehud Shapiro and Binyamin Gil (2008) RNA computing in a living cell. Science, 322 (5900): 387-388.
- Meera Swami (2008) Computing in a cell. Nature Reviews Genetics, 9 (12): 896.
- Contributing Author (2008) Computing RNA devices. Nature Reviews Molecular Cell Biology, 9 (12): 924.
- Maung Nyan Win and Christina D. Smolke. (2007) A modular and extensible RNA-based gene regulatory platform for engineering cellular function. Proceedings of the National Academy of Science, U.S.A, 104 (36): 14283-14288.
- John J. Rossi. (2007) Targeted cleavage: Tunable cis-cleaving ribozymes. Proceedings of the National Academy of Science, U.S.A, 104 (38): 14881-14882.
- Drew Endy. (2007) A biological engineer searches for simplicity. Nature, 449: 5-5.
- Maung Nyan Win and Christina D. Smolke. (2007) RNA as a versatile and powerful platform for engineering genetic regulatory tools. Biotechnology and Genetic Engineering Reviews, 24: 311-346.
- Maung Nyan Win, Joshua S. Klein, Christina D. Smolke. (2006) Codeine-binding RNA aptamers and rapid determination of their binding constants using a direct coupling surface plasmon resonance assay. Nucleic Acids Research, 34 (19): 5670-5682.
- Permanent email: email@example.com
- Stanford email: firstname.lastname@example.org