User:Matt Hartings/Notebook/NIST/2017/02/02

From OpenWetWare
< User:Matt Hartings‎ | Notebook‎ | NIST‎ | 2017‎ | 02
Jump to navigationJump to search
Project name Main project page
Previous entry      


Massie synthesized some MOF-5 starting 1/27. It was purified and put in the vacuum oven. I took it out today to take an XRD spectrum.


The XTD was run from 2θ = 3 to 2θ = 90 with a resolution of 0.02 degrees at a rate of 2. I used one of the XRD sample holders with the dimple in the middle (need to ask Doug what the specs of that are).

The spectrum only required a little bit of sample. The rest was placed into a bell jar with desiccant.

The spectrum looks good and (for the first time) matches the literature spectrum for MOF-5. What was different in our prep this time was the use of the centrifuge to purify the MOF-5 instead of filtering.