Analysis and synthesis of more protein-AuNP materials. Each group will have a different task. One (set) of groups will be doing AA on their samples from last weed (HRP-AuNPs and pepsin-AuNPs) and this week (Myoglobin-AuNPs and HRP-AuNPs). Another (set) will take UV-Vis absorbance of their samples (this week and last week). The final (set) will synthesize new protein-AuNPs.
- Before any measurement, take note of physical appearance of your samples (taking pics with cell phones helps here)
- Atomic Absorption
- centrifuge (4mL of your) samples (use the large centrifuge upstairs) 30min at 4000rpm.
- make standard solutions in the same manner as the last time we performed AA. But, this time make concentrations that go up to 50ug/mL
- Take measurements of your standards and samples
- Make a graph showing concentration of Au vs Au:protein ratio
- UV Vis
- centrifuge 1mL of your sample (use the small centrifuge in 207) 30min at max rpm
- Take measurements of your samples
- Lysozyme AuNP and Myoglobin AuNP
- Determine the total amounts of materials you will need for the following samples using the same procedures as the last two times we made protein-AuNPs (final Au concentration of 0.25mM and a final volume of 5mL)
- Make your stock solutions
- Make your samples in small test tubes and cap with aluminum foil
- Heat your samples at 80C for 4 hours
- Add data and results here...
This area is for any observations or conclusions that you would like to note.
Use categories like tags. Change the "Course" category to the one corresponding to your course. The "Miscellaneous" tag can be used for particular experiments, as instructed by your professor. Please be sure to change or delete this tag as required so that the categories remain well organized.