User:Maria Clara T Astolfi
Contact me! Say Hello!
- Maria Clara T Astolfi
- Biotechnology student at Federal University of Amazonas
- Instructor AND co-founder
- Synthetic Biology Hub of Amazonas
- Multidisciplinary Support Centre
- Manaus, Amazonas - Brazil
- Email me through OpenWetWare or use firstname.lastname@example.org
I learned about OpenWetWare from iGEM competition! I work at the Synthetic Biology Hub of Amazonas since its foundation and first iGEM participation in 2013, when I was a first-year high school student. Currently, I'm an instructor of our iGEM team (Amazonas_Brazil) and hub, bringing up new SynBio passionate students, highlighting and learning together the foundations for engineer biology. Our aim is to contribute to the SynBio community and remove boundaries in the way of its advancement in the middle of Amazon rainforest - Brazil! In 2014, we engineered a standard BioBrick for mercury processes (e.g., biosensor, biosorption and bioremediation). In 2015-2016, we constructed novel synthetic promoters expanding the logic of its recognition that amplified mercury bioremediation in genetically engineered machines - unifying amazonian challenges with SynBio approach! Now we are working to build a standard BioBrick vector for one-step bacterial genome engineering with CRISPR/Cas9 machinery: the CRISPeasy!
I would love to share our results and what we have done since 2013!
- Biotechnology, Federal University of Amazonas
- Rationally design biology to overcome synthetic biology boundaries
- Engineer novel regulatory mechanisms AND genetic circuits
- Transform complexity into abstraction, inputs into predictable outputs