I am a new member of OpenWetWare!
- 1 Contact Info
- 2 Education
- 3 Research interests
- 4 Registration/Questionnaire: 20.109 Spring 2015
- 5 Useful links
- Lyla Atta
- MIT Class of 2017
- Modern English School, Cairo. Class of 2013
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Class of 2017
- Major: Biological Engineering
- Minor: Economics
- Cell-cell signaling and how cell communication in populations leads to emergent properties; potential applications of engineering emergent properties.
- Synthetic biology and its applications to neurobiology research and potential therapeutics.
Registration/Questionnaire: 20.109 Spring 2015
Name: Lyla Atta
Course/Minor: Biological Engineering/Economics
Year of Graduation: 2017
Email: lylaatta at mit.edu
Preferred "Extra" OH Time
Sunday: Evening (4/5 and later)
Monday: 12-2; 4 onwards
Potentially Relevant Background
|Have you taken/are you taking...||Answer yes/no/when|
|7.05/5.07 (Biochemistry)||Yes, S15|
|7.06 (Cell Biology)||No|
|7.03 (Genetics)||Yes, S15|
|5.310 (General Chemistry Lab)||No|
|Do you have experience with...||Answer yes/no/type|
|Cell culture (microbial/mammalian/yeast?)||Yes, mammalian and E.coli|
|Molecular biology (electrophoresis, PCR, etc)||Yes|
Please briefly describe any previous laboratory experience
Molecular Biology: Gel electrophoresis, PCR, gene cloning and fusion proteins.
Other: Mammalian tissue culture, immunostaining, Western Blot.
Food: Coffee ice cream and most kinds of cheese
Song: Tie between: She will be loved - Maroon 5, Vienna - Billy Joel, Slow dancing in a burning room - John Mayer and Total eclipse of the heart - Bonnie Tyler.
Commitment to academic integrity
After you print out this page, please sign your name under to the following statement to indicate your agreement:
I have read and understood the 20.109 statement on collaboration and integrity.