User:LeongKeat LEO Chan
- Department of Marine Sciences, University of Georgia, Athens, USA
- Email: email@example.com
- Postdoctoral Research Associate, Department of Marine Sciences, University of Georgia (Advisor: Mary Ann Moran)
- Ph.D., Marine Biosciences, School of Marine Science and Policy, University of Delaware (Advisor: Thomas Hanson)
- Laboratory Assistant, Department of Biological Sciences, SUNY at Albany (Employer: Caro-Beth Stewart)
- B.Sc., Biochemistry, Department of Biochemistry, SUNY at Buffalo (Research advisor: Gail Willsky)
Areas of Interest in Bacteriology
- Physiology, metabolic network and evolution
- Genome research, genetic manipulation
- Transcriptome profiling of the marine heterotrophic bacterium Ruegeria pomeroyi DSS-3 grown under steady-state, macronutrient-limited conditions using microarray and SOLiD deep sequencing technology.
An example of hybridized, single-color R. pomeroyi DSS-3 microarray
Chemostat culture station (pictures taken by Ryan Newton)
- Chan LK, Morgan-Kiss RM, and Hanson TE. Functional analysis of three sulfide:quinone oxidoreductase homologs in Chlorobaculum tepidum. J Bacteriol. 191: 1026-34. PubMed
- Morgan-Kiss RM, Chan LK, Modla S, Weber TS, Warner M, Czymmek KJ, and Hanson TE. Chlorobaculum tepidum regulates chlorosome structure and function in response to temperature and electron donor availability. Photosynth Res. 99: 11-21. PubMed
- Chan LK, Weber TS, Morgan-Kiss RM, and Hanson TE. A genomic region required for phototrophic thiosulfate oxidation in the green sulfur bacterium Chlorobium tepidum (syn. Chlorobaculum tepidum). Microbiology. 154: 818-29. PubMed
- Crans DC, Yang L, Alfano JA, Chi L, Jin W, Mahroof-Tahir M, Robbins K, Toloue MM, Chan L, Plante AJ, Grayson RZ, and Willsky GR. (4-hydroxypyridine-2, 6-dicarboxylato) oxovanadate(V) - a new insulin-like compound: Chemistry, effects on myoblast and yeast cell growth and effects on hyperglycemia in rats with STZ- induced diabetes. Coord Chem Rev. 237(1-2):13-22.
- Hanson TE, Morgan-Kiss RM, Chan LK, and Hiras J. Beyond the genome: Functional studies of phototrophic sulfur oxidation, p. 109-121. In P.C. Hallenbeck (ed.). Recent Advances in Phototrophic Prokaryotes, Advances in Experimental Medicine and Biology 675. Springer. PubMed
- Chan LK, Morgan-Kiss R, and Hanson TE. Sulfur oxidation in Chlorobium tepidum (syn. Chlorobaculum tepidum): Genetic and proteomic analyses, p. 117-126. In C. Dahl and C. G. Friedrich (ed.). Proceedings of the International Symposium on Microbial Sulfur Metabolism. Springer. SpringerLink
- Chan LK, Morgan-Kiss R, and Hanson TE. Genetic and proteomic studies of sulfur oxidation in Chlorobium tepidum (syn. Chlorobaculum tepidum), p. 363-379. In R. Hell, C. Dahl, T. Leustek and D. Knaff (Ed.). Sulfur Metabolism in Phototrophic Organisms. Springer. SpringerLink
Manuscript submitted for review
- Newton RJ*, Chan LK*, Rayapati P, Limardo AJ, Smith CB, Ye W, and Moran MA. Loktanella apricus sp. nov., an aerobic anoxygenic phototrophic bacterium from the coastal Pacific Ocean. Submitted to Int J Syst Evol Microbiol on April 11, 2011. *equal contributions.