Current Goal is to work on the Ocean Sciences ABSTRACT which is due at the beginning of OCTOBER. I require a certain amount of data to complete this goal.
What do I know?
- Thalassiosira gravida bloomed in the North Atlantic
- TR6, which was optimized from Thalassiosira rotula specific microsatellite primers, is present in these
- Thalassiosira gravida bloomed in the Gulf of ME
What do I want to know?
- The total number of gravida in the Disko Bay and Gulf of ME samples that I have
- Are there any other TR primers that will successfully amplify Thalassiosira gravida microsatellite regions
What questions do I want to answer?
- What are the genetic mechanisms and dynamics behind an open ocean bloom?
- Monoclonal, sex, etc
- Depending on the mechanisms at play, how does this impact the adaptive ability of a population?
- What is the rate at which microsatellites mutate?
- Is there any way to employ microsatellites to calculate speciation?
To do for tomorrow
PCR machine TR5, 10, 13
Resuspend templified TR7 and 12
Enter phytoplankton data
Upload terminal data
Prep for transcriptome repletes of P10D4 and MV4
Run ITS on Disko Bay samples
- Restriction enzyme digest
Prep to go out on the boat
- Patterns of inheritance affect which genotypes can and can’t exist. This can have a strong effect on population statistics!
- auto versus alloploidy
- used to distinguish polyploid microsatellite data