Learn how to maintain an OpenWetWare Notebook.
To synthesize QD using BSA-ZnmMnn-mSn
- Prepare a 70C water bath
- Prepare a ring stand with a clamp and a 100mL round-bottom flask. Add stir bar.
- Add 1 mL of BSA/NaBH4 to the flask
- Add 2.25 mL of Zn stock solution
- Add 2.5 mL of Mn stock solution
- Add 13.25 mL water for final volume of 19 mL
- Stir mixture
- Adjust pH of solution to 9 with 1M NaOH
- add 0.4 mL HCl
- add 0.030 mL NaOH
- Seal container with rubber septum
- Bubble N2 through sample for 20 minutes using balloon/syringe/needle apparatus
- Add 2.5 mL of Na2S solution
- Put reaction vessel in water bath. Keep at constant temperature and stir for 3 hours
- Store reaction mixture at 4C
- Add data and results here...
After addition of NaOH and HCl, the white precipitate disappeared and the mixture was uniformly a clear light yellow color throughout.